Warnings while driving?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Alan, firstly welcome to the Forum. I think you need to take a read of this old post attached regarding the AEB System & Faults. You can access other information using “Search” - Dave 😉

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6333&start=130
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

alanrodger wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:58 pm Driving this morning the collision warning came on suddenly and the brakes applied momentarily. There was no other traffic around (unsurprisingly!) The problem then cleared itself and I was able to continue driving. On a couple of occasions recently the warning light flashed but then immediately went off. This was the first time that the brakes applied themselves thougn and it was a bit alarming. Has anyone else experienced this? The dealership is not working at present of course.
I have a 2019 Quashqai Tekna
From the manual:
"In some road or traffic conditions, the forward emergency braking system may unexpectedly apply partial braking. When acceleration is
necessary, continue to depress the accelerator pedal to override the system".

Some of the warnings (only) are spurious...or seemingly so. Unexpected braking combined has been reported on other posts here. Some of that probably corrected by updates to the system.

I get odd warnings in the very strangest of places...very seldom and no traffic. Not ever had any braking and often thought that its not fully installed on my N-Connecta. My service last Feb had an overdue software update for Collision detection...don't know what that did because no test evidence comes with service documentation. Odd warnings have since appeared...no braking though.

The only test I can think of is drive the car straight at a large polystyrene box..over the right speed threshold
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

The strangest (or not) warning I have encountered was it the absence of any other traffic.
It took me a while to work out but it seems like I was heading (at a sensible pace) towards a 90 degree bend. The radar, correctly, noted an object (dry stone wall) on my route and gave a warning.

Perhaps a bit "Nanny state" but safety first !

It has saved me once.
A34 Scholars Green, national speed limit, builder's lorry whose brake lights weren’t working - I was paying attention but the system still beat me to the brake pedal.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
alanrodger

Post by alanrodger »

Thanks for all the responses. It is interesting that the thread referenced above made a comment about heavy rain. I had washed the car the previous day and am now wondering if moisture affected the detector. Anyway, I have disabled the emergency braking until such time as the garage reopens and I can book the car in.