Time to change

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
TerryH
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by TerryH »

My N-Connecta is coming up for three years old and I feel it's time to change. Trouble is, I like the Qashqai so much that I would end up buying the same model, same colour and keep the same reg number. I've looked at Toyotas, Volvos, Hyundais, Kias, etc., and there is always something that doesn't quite suit me about them. One problem is that I like to keep my car in the garage and the Qashqai is a tight squeeze - most other makes are wider, so that's a no go. I thought I might upgrade to a Tekna or Tekna+, but don't really want the glass roof. Also, am I right in thinking that the Bose sound system means there's no room for a proper spare wheel? I won't have a car without one, as I don't fancy those squirty puncture repair kits. So, it looks like the exact same model for me, albeit with the smaller engine - my present one is a 1.5. Or stay with the car I've got. Mileage is low, it easily gives me 40+mpg, and it still feels almost like new. Or do I wait for the hybrid? Will that be any good? Will it have room for a spare wheel? I'm utterly confused. ;) Any thoughts, folks?
Qq N-Connecta. DIG-T 163 1.6 Petrol. Vivid blue. Sept. 2017. Lancs., UK

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

TerryH, we have the latest QQ Tekna + 160PS + 7 Speed DCT Autobox and it’s superb. The Panoramic Roof I find great it is airy and lightens up the inside, but I do have a tendency to close it when parked to eliminate the Sun as it gets like an oven.
We had exactly the same question regarding the use of a Spare / Emergency Wheel. In the end I transferred our 16” Wheel from the Old QQ and installed the Bose System in it. It does appear from the Forum Info’ that a 17” Wheel has a bit more space but I just did not want to fork out again on a New Wheel. Could be more facts under “Search” !
If you have any more questions and do not want to post them you can pm me and naturally I will try to help - Dave 😏

AA707EDD-E9C0-4133-A1C3-AD1C98229869.jpeg

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8058&p=72237&hilit ... eel#p72237
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
TerryH

Post by TerryH »

That's very helpful, Dave. Looks as though I could do that, too, transferring the old Qq spare to the new car. Thanks again.
MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

I'm with DB, I have the latest QQ Tekna + 160PS + 7 Speed DCT Autobox and it’s superb
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

Same here but we have the 1.2 CVT. We have had no problems with it and we like the car very much but I am uncomfortable with having the 1.2 petrol engine that others have had problems with and also the CVT which also had problems according to the many posts on here. We have only done 15200 miles. I have added a few things to the car and I am happy with it and don't really want to have to go and add the same items all over again on a new car.
I am thinking about keeping it for a fourth year and will be looking into getting an extended Nissan warranty so that I can have the Engine and CVT covered if anything should go wrong with them.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Terry, I posted this comment recently as it definitely appears there are excess vehicles around and perhaps now is the time to phone around or look on the web for the “Offers”. Our Dealer has no Tekna +, but most of the others with 1,3L / 160 PS / DCT Box - Dave 😉
Just thought I would post this as a reminder, not that the post gets smothered in offers as there are older posts already !

“This week I got an email stating that our Nissan Dealer is now back to normal working hours for Servicing / Sales (they have been open with restricted opening by appointment) but with the same restrictions like Masks, Distancing etc. also in the email was the start of the “Offers” with regard to the Corona Virus Problem - no new sales movement ! - Dave 😉
The prices are do not forget in Germany which are different to the UK and are not as significant as the above UK prices but never the less possibly a bargain for some Germans : QQ Acenta (160PS / Auto) Normal Price here €31645 now - €8000 = €23645 / QQ Visa (140PS / Manual) Price here €22540 now - €5560 = €16980”
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
BaggieBoy

Post by BaggieBoy »

Bought my current 1.5 n-tec+ at the end of November 2015 on a 3 year PCP deal with the intention of handing it back at the end. When I started looking at the car market in early 2018 I decided there was nothing the QQ was missing and replacing it was just a waste of money. So I paid off the balloon payment off early and have been happily cruising around since.

Saying that I am just about to take delivery of a BMW 2 series convertible on a good lease deal but the QQ will be still be used for the next year for load lugging. After that it is likely to be moved on to my daughter whose Fiesta is starting to fall apart and may be too expensive to get through the next MOT.
Current: '24 reg e-Power Tekna in Magnetic Blue
Previous: '65 reg 1.5 dCi n-Tech (currently being used by my daughter) /// '08 reg 2.0 dCi Tekna 4WD (sadly deceased)
TerryH

Post by TerryH »

Thanks for the comments, folks. I'm still looking at my options. Decisions, decisions! :D Any more thoughts are always welcome.
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

If you decide to stick with a Qashqai, here's a reason to consider the latest 1.5 diesel.

Sorry about the picture size, posted from my phone so couldn't resize it.

IMG_20200609_104726202.jpg

19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Software: (some moans)

Nissan has assured that any other car I test/examine has me cycling through the Nanny green functions that allow the owner to disable them and then auto enable them on Ign OFF/ON. I certainly curse software that has been written to act that way.

Connecta type boxes - An industry that needs to go to systems design classes...repeatedly. Don't do bespoke systems and don't leave them with orphan functional elements hanging about. And don't charge so much...!!

OBD - An industry that messes with established standards for fault codes. Safety says, its not commercial joke time.

I'm sure I could go on...and it would be into standards/quality and above all complexity. Be very careful.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta