Qashqai Cheat/ Defeat Device?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gel, you beat me to it just read this on the BeeB. I always had this problem in my mind with regards to our old QQ 1,2L engine. This subject had been around on the Forum before as you well know but had been kept quite. Now it looks like the Diesel & the 1,2L do possibly have dirty motors and it has hit the Headlines - Dave 🤨

They include the petrol-powered version of one of the UK's best-selling family cars, the Nissan QQ, 1.3 million diesel cars built by Nissan and its French partner Renault may have been fitted with defeat devices. But it also mentions that up to 100,000 petrol powered cars may have been affected as well. These are Nissan Qashqais fitted with a 1.2 litre engine, this 1.2l Qashqai produces many times the legal level of NOx when used in real world driving conditions.

Lawsuit alleges defeat devices in Nissan petrol cars : https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53142821
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Bit more than that:

HARCUS PARKER IS INVESTIGATING CLAIMS ON BEHALF OF RENAULT, NISSAN AND MERCEDES-BENZ OWNERS

https://harcusparker.co.uk

https://www.slatergordon.co.uk at Merc

I'm guessing that the "cheat device" is triggered by OBD connection. Didn't think MoT connected to that during the test procedure. Dunno.... :?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Colin, there looks to be a “Few Bob” up for Grabs with this problem - Dave 😉

“If you have owned or leased a Renault or Nissan vehicle, manufactured between 2009 and 2019, you might be entitled to compensation. You could be entitled to several thousands of pounds of compensation.”

Home - Harcus Parker : https://renaultnissanclaims.co.uk/
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

DaveBerlin wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:30 am Colin, there looks to be a “Few Bob” up for Grabs with this problem - Dave 😉

“If you have owned or leased a Renault or Nissan vehicle, manufactured between 2009 and 2019, you might be entitled to compensation. You could be entitled to several thousands of pounds of compensation.”

Home - Harcus Parker : https://renaultnissanclaims.co.uk/
Dave:
At the moment I'd class Hocus Pocus lawyers amongst the ambulance chasers we've experienced in UK....a lot. Some criminals themselves. Very poor website on this subject "fishing" for email addresses. Half arsed discussion of it.

About a 1.2L petrol engine...which one and when?

Its certainly true that the performance claims under lab conditions (NEDC) is crap. The software of the ECU does control the car...big deal. Unless they have some hard analysis results of that system they simply need to shut up.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

I MOT loads of these and if you drive it straight into the MOT station and shove the gas analyser straight up the exhaust before doing anything to the car it will still pass the mot emmisions test. It must revert to the so called cheat device as soon as it's back to idle or after a few seconds of idling and no vehicle speed if it has one at all that is. And we dont put obd reader in when doing MOTS but there is talks of that becoming a thing. Some emmisions machine use an obd dongle you slot in so it can pick engine speed and oil temp whilst doing the emmisions test though.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

I thought it might be adjustments to timing/mixture based on no rolling wheels and engine revs/temps. The ECU would certainly monitor those parameters constantly. Perhaps the ECU then goes off its Map into a fixed running mode configured to cut emissions. Say running lean? Something like that. So, the ECU firmware will have to be examined as regards specific functions that are outside of general in service running behaviour (Map).

Do we know exactly what VW did? I've not seen any reports..just the US/EU mouthing off a lot.

AFAIK NOx and SOx has been greatly reduced in the UK and Europe. Forget CO2 bollox.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
QashqaiPete

Post by QashqaiPete »

Hello all.
I wonder how true all these allegations are.
Has anyone considered to go ahead with this Harcus Parker claim?
Just curious.....🤔
2018 J11B Tekna 1.2 Dig T- Xtronic Gun Metallic ,Mud Flaps , Footwell lights , Bonnet Struts.
Mostyn

Post by Mostyn »

Some of the companies that wan't to claim on your behalf are quoting a %age of 50% of any successful claim.
I bought my N-connecta 1.5dci 2018 plate at 18, months old paid Just under £16000 for it. Would I be eligible to claim? or is it only those that bought new vehicles?
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Its a dodgy area where the BBC et al starts spouting their unreliable info. Might, may, maybe, could...

If this is an issue its for the DfT. The department is run by the Secretary of State for Transport, currently (since 24 July 2019) Grant Shapps.

If anybody here is in his constituency could they email him about the concerns here. Conservative MP for Welwyn Hatfield

Alternatively the Parliamentary Transport Committee - Commons Select Committee (11 MPs)

https://committees.parliament.uk/commit ... embership/
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta