AdBlue Fault

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Zooropa93
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Zooropa93 »

Hi all

Last Thursday the engine mgt light came on shortly followed by a message on the dash reading ‘AdBlue fault 530 miles’.

Filled the tank up(took about 11 litres) but yet the message on the dash still remains with the mileage decreasing accordingly.

Completed a software update, message still there.

Given the outbreak it’ll be August before it can be looked at.

Has anyone had a similar experience and if so how was it resolved?

Cheers

Tam

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi and Welcome to the Forum. If you have some time and you appear to have to wait for Nissan to look at your QQ, try to give this attachment a read. If you go to “Search” put in for example “AdBlue Problems” you will find a lot of other posts. Hope this helps as I have a Petrol QQ - Dave 😉

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=7338
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Zooropa93

Post by Zooropa93 »

Thanks Dave

Not great reading is it? Seems I’m not alone in experiencing this issue.

Given the outbreak the nearest appointment to have the problem checked out is September.

Magic.

Cheers

Tam
Zooropa93

Post by Zooropa93 »

Bingo!!!!

Fault gone. Went for a lengthy drive on the motorway today and the fault message disappeared from the dash so I’m imagining the gauge has finally picked up how much AdBlue is in the tank.

Engine mgt light still on though.

Bugger.
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

I had both the AdBlue fault and the MIL light on at the same time, both cleared after an hour, even the MIL light which should be impossible.

The general consensus on here was the world famous Qashqai Battery issue, so could be down to the same.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red
Wolfman

Post by Wolfman »

Morning all, Just experienced the "Adblue fault 530 mile" warning whilst driving up the motorway. Stopped at the services and bought 1l of the magic fluid (Cough £11). Topped up the Adblue and the error message still showing and counting down. Spoke to Nissan assist or some nice person at the RAC who advised me that you need to top with 3l min, I explained that the Adblue wasn't low it was showing a fault. After driving another hour and a half the error message cleared itself ! Adblue topped up to full with 5l. Suspect gremlins in the tank or a dirty sensor. Hopefully it's just a glitch.