Eco Driving

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
MikeBD14FLM

Post by MikeBD14FLM »

79.9mpg over 84.8 miles from Burton on Trent to Yorkshire on A roads and M1 mile I filled up before I set off and the tank shows still full, remarkable.

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Some brilliant mileage figures there I am very impressed. My 1.2 is averaging about 43.9 with a best 50.2 no where near some of the 1.2T's shown here. Do you drive with your air con off, I do not, and have been advised air con reduces your MPG.It would be interesting to confirm
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

One of the magazines did an article recently on fuel consumption killers such as aircon, open windows, roof box etc. Regarding aircon they found that fuel consumption was affected around town but on open roads/motorways it made hardly any difference at all.By the way, are these figures based on in car information or old fashioned fill up and maths?
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
jsajeba

Post by jsajeba »

Please can somebody explain the fuel economy screen 0-10-20-30 9(Etc) as i tried many times to understand it but did not manage to. I have the new qashqai 1.2 Turbo Tekna for the past week and really love it but unfortunatley i am afraid that i might start hating it as I only did 300km with a‚¬50 (approx £39) with a/c on too.hope i can decrease this!!!!
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="Stevethegreatgolfer"]One of the magazines did an article recently on fuel consumption killers such as aircon, open windows, roof box etc. Regarding aircon they found that fuel consumption was affected around town but on open roads/motorways it made hardly any difference at all.By the way, are these figures based on in car information or old fashioned fill up and maths?[/QUOTE]
The best figure has been taken from the in car computer readings, but the 43.9 is bases on Fuelly figures, I am not sure these are totally accurate but to be honest I can't be that bothered to work out the true maths relating to cost to mileage etc.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

[quote="jonceebee"]
Some brilliant mileage figures there I am very impressed. My 1.2 is averaging about 43.9 with a best 50.2 no where near some of the 1.2T's shown here. Do you drive with your air con off, I do not, and have been advised air con reduces your MPG.It would be interesting to confirm[/QUOTE]
I get between 38-40 average, but my daily drive consists of driving 24miles return trip through A/B roads with a fair bit of stop starting and "idiot" drivers so its less than ideal for MPG. I also think that the MPG read out is reasonably actuate after working out that fuelly's results are potentially flawed in terms of when the fuel pump clicks off. Even the slightly "top off" can cause your MPG figure to be different (lower) from what you expect, but are reasonable close to the screen mpg. Shame they don't do it miles per litre as that would be more accurate (or less likely to have big swings) even when topping off the tank. it also requires the user to be "honest" and the pump to be fair. IE some pumps simply wont let you top all the way off and will just have a fit once it thinks its full, where as others are more complaint. Its impossible to re-fill exactly to the same position each time without some sort of level indicator. If you sit on a motorway at 60-65mph for most of your journey then this really helps the 1.2's MPG (but its always going to have that effect no matter what car you are in). I drive with my air con off all the time other than when...1. Its roasting/very humid or damp/demisting2. Its been over a week since I have had it on (I try and run it for at least 5 minutes a week to ensure seals and pump remain lubricated) To be fair, I have not really noticed much in terms of MPG difference with air con on with my trips.
SplanK2014-07-03 09:27:49
ShinyAndy

Post by ShinyAndy »

I'm rubbish at working these things out but just got through my first full tank of diesel. Got 800km and it cost 80a‚¬ (fuel is 1,37a‚¬/litre) to fill it back up again, which was the same as when I filled it when picked up from the dealer (they had about a thimble full of fuel in there). My aircon is on permanently (I thought at first that the stop/start wasn't broken as it had never cut in!) and I generally tend to drive with cruise control set at 130/140(kph!) which does seem to hammer mpg.I'm tending to not trust the onboard thing much as it doesn't seem to be consistent to me, on the same nursery run I can get anything from 2.9l/100km (97mpg) to 15l/100km (18mpg) depending on its mood!