Cruise control J10 2012 1.6dci puredrive

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Newbydooby
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Newbydooby »

Does anyone know if this car has cruise control?

I certainly have the buttons however they don't seem to do anything when I push them.

The standard issue drivers handbook is no help either as many parts of the spec are caveated 'where available'.

Just checking I'm not barking up the wrong tree.

lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

If you have the buttons it should work if it doesnt work one of 3 reasons

1. The buttons defective and or the wiring or spiral cable is defective
2. It's not programmed in, when doing an update on the j10 it can wipe out that it has cruise control, dealer has to re initialise it
3. Another completely different reason haha

Alot of the time it's either not been initialise after an update or some work carried out or theres a fault in the system that prohibits ASCD (automatic speed control device) aka cruise control and speed limiter. There the main things I come across
Newbydooby

Post by Newbydooby »

Thanks LB

My only other thoughts were there's not a switch somewhere else or some other way of turning off the functionality but I guess it would be mentioned here if you were aware of anything
Newbydooby

Post by Newbydooby »

lewisbryant wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:23 pm If you have the buttons it should work if it doesnt work one of 3 reasons

1. The buttons defective and or the wiring or spiral cable is defective
2. It's not programmed in, when doing an update on the j10 it can wipe out that it has cruise control, dealer has to re initialise it
3. Another completely different reason haha

Alot of the time it's either not been initialise after an update or some work carried out or theres a fault in the system that prohibits ASCD (automatic speed control device) aka cruise control and speed limiter. There the main things I come across
I have a 3 month warranty from the independent dealership, do you think I can get them to look at this LB?
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

It's free so you can get them to have an initial look for you if it's a problem with the spiral cable or buttons then they should be able to pick that up but if it's because it hasnt been initialise then unsure if they will be equipped to do that as as for as I'm aware only nissans consult is able to initialise it.
Qashowner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashowner »

Are you using it correctly? I changed from a Mercedes to the Qashqai and realised that I had effectively to turn the cruise control on before setting the speed. I am not familiar with the J10 controls but on the J11 and also surprisingly on a Ford Kuga, the cruise had to be turned on.
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.
Newbydooby

Post by Newbydooby »

As far as I know there is only the main button on the steering wheel that looks like an odometer with pointer, that's the button that doesn't appear to do anything, is there any other button to turn it on?
Qashowner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashowner »

I know its a rogue, but I think it's the same controls as the J10, if your has the two "clock" type button, its the bottom one to start cruise control.
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.
Ste1981
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Ste1981 »

It might have a fault code. Mine won't work if there is a fault code soon as I clear the code it will work again, my code is for a glow plug just not got around to doing it yet
Newbydooby

Post by Newbydooby »

Qashowner wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:23 pm I know its a rogue, but I think it's the same controls as the J10, if your has the two "clock" type button, its the bottom one to start cruise control.
Thanks Qo

It's a tot9 different set up to the rogue, it's the 2 clock type I have so definitely seem to have a problem, and no error codes, Update is dealer says he'll take a look at it under the warranty so should be happy days