Pros and cons of buying new...?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
mrmatrix
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by mrmatrix »

@DaveBerlin So sorry if I've upset you in anyway πŸ˜•
My questions didn't all come at once in my mind. Instead, they came in dribs and drabs.

All replies have been super helpful for me.

I don't actually think any of my posts where duplicate ones.
(Please accept my apologies in advance if any where - not intentional.)

Please please report me to the moderators on the forum if you have serious concern.

For a new buyer needing help, I think my questions would be super helpful to read + promote the further usage of this website.

Your trawling of my posts and pointing them out in your reply are really not fair.
I would classify as cyber bullying.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

MrMatrix, sorry but you do not have to apologise and no way am I a β€œCyber Bully” all I was making the point on was the number of posts relating to looking for a new QQ. I just thought that if it was one post it would have been easier to cover and answer, but obviously not. I am on this Forum to help like most others so if this did upset you I am also Sorry ! There is also no need to mention Reporting - Why ! So hopefully the aggression is now gone and have a nice day - Regards Dave πŸ™
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
mrmatrix

Post by mrmatrix »

Dave, life is too short to get upset over posts made. πŸ™‚
No worries.

I was just about to post a new thread... then I thought might as well tag onto the end of this one. πŸ™‚
I saw a car I want to buy... going to see it tomorrow: https://www.bigmotoringworld.co.uk/used ... RM=EK66MYB

Any thoughts?
It's got 2 owners + really low mileage.
Why would someone want to sell with such low mileage? This is the only doubt in my mind.
I think I'll buy anyway (unless someone says something that needs explicit concern!).
Let me know.
Thanks.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

MrMatrix, you have raised a good point regarding the 2 Owners - Why ? We had the Tekna 1,2L Manual for 5 years and it ran very well with just a few hiccups sorted under Guarantee. The Tekna is a very nice enjoyable choice with all the Bells & Whistles.

For a 2016 model the mileage is low but possibly a few questions need asking to clear your mind. Accident Vehicle (ask and inspect) , 1,2 L engine (problem is still around with this motor ask check paperwork. Check Service Book History for Facts & Nissan Stamps, was it a Rental or Leased Car. As it is a Tekna check the Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels for Kerb damage as they are very expensive to repair, Future Guarantee etc...

In the end hopefully the QQ will most likely be all OK, but it is a worry when you are not so sure what you are buying and paying out good money, but do not rush into it - Check it all out - Asking does not Cost ! - Best of Luck Dave 😊
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

mrmatrix - those wheels look great, especially with that body colour.

The mileage don't forget the car might have been sat round since February/March.
But, of interest in this context, the "Memsahib" has a Tekna Micra (her second), she barely does 1500 - 2000 miles per year because
a. she is retired
b. we don't use it for holidays
c. we don't use it for day trips and
d. her family and friends are all local (approx. 20 mile radius).
She has hers on a PCP deal and so the car will be changed regardless of mileage (although the next one will probably be a Leaf)
Conversely I do about 12000 per year.

As DaveB says give the paperwork a good look over.
Check it has a space saver (if, like me, you need the reassurance) - I got a free space saver on the premis that I would sing the deal there and then if they put the spare in the car.
Ask for an up-to-date MOT test or at least the assurance they'll pay in December.

Good Luck
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Not sure if I'm correct, and maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but it might be worth checking to see if this particular car falls into the bracket of those 1.2L engines that use copious amounts of oil due to a serious issue, personally I wouldn't like to take the risk with that amount of money until I was 100% sure.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red
andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

mrmatrix wrote: ↑Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:58 pm Dave, life is too short to get upset over posts made. πŸ™‚
No worries.

I was just about to post a new thread... then I thought might as well tag onto the end of this one. πŸ™‚
I saw a car I want to buy... going to see it tomorrow: https://www.bigmotoringworld.co.uk/used ... RM=EK66MYB

Any thoughts?
It's got 2 owners + really low mileage.
Why would someone want to sell with such low mileage? This is the only doubt in my mind.
I think I'll buy anyway (unless someone says something that needs explicit concern!).
Let me know.
Thanks.
nice car matey, need a new front tyre soon as it`s starting to crack (thats on the mot report) has done only 200 miles from dec 2019 to feb 2020 ;-)
and unless you have put your name down on the car it`s saying it`s reserved on website
mrmatrix

Post by mrmatrix »

Thanks for the replies guys.
@Weasel I called Nissan and asked for any problems. The lady answering said there were no known problems with the 1.2 engine for this car.
Would love it if anyone else here could let me know if any known problems. Assuming I'll buy, I'll pickup tomorrow.
@andy2019 It's reserved for me. You pay Β£99 refundable deposit.
I'd spent eternity oggling car listings. I know this is a good price considering mileage and spec.
The tyre, I did see it mentioned in the report. I'll definitely ask for a new one.

Would love any other comments from anyone else still. πŸ™‚
andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

I don't think you'll get a new tyre out of them but by next yr the other 3 tyres will need replaceing to i think as they may start cracking too if they haven't been replaced allready. I had spent months looking when i got mine last ur which i didn't mind as i was buying all bits like new mats. Boot mat spare wheel kit. Service parts all ready for when i got the car i wanted lol. Enjoy the test drive then matey πŸ˜€
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

mrmatrix wrote: ↑Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:16 am @Weasel I called Nissan and asked for any problems. The lady answering said there were no known problems with the 1.2 engine for this car.
I'm sure there is a big post on here detailing which cars are affected over a range of certain VIN numbers, maybe worth checking before parting with any money.

I'm not trying to put you off, because it looks a well looked after car in excellent condition for the year, just think you need to be 100% sure before buying it, especially with the 1.2L engines known faults within that certain range.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red