Hello from N.Ireland

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
talkandplay
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by talkandplay »

Greetings.just joined here today after ordering the Storm White Tekna + 1.5 dci yesterday. Hoping to have it in a few weeks. I saw all the colours at my local dealership but the Pearlescent white stood out. Lovely colour. Been driving a black Megane last 5 years so will make a nice change. Test drive was very smooth.So much tech on this model..i have a Megane at the moment and dealer told me its the same engine which was surprising ( did not know about the Nissan -Renault alliance) but good as never had an issue in 5 years with my current engine.Looking forward to driving the QQ Tekna + :)

Den123

Post by Den123 »

Welcome. Mate you will love it
talkandplay

Post by talkandplay »

Thanks, getting an update and hopefully delivery date on Tuesday.
talkandplay

Post by talkandplay »

Well things did not go well, very badly in fact. Ten mins after picking up my new car error messages started to come up on display including a "System Fault" message which appeared for most of the 2 days (sat and sun) I had the Tekna + model.However on the second day the system fault seemed to have disappeared but later travelling along at 50 mph on an A road the emergency brakes applied. Luckily and thankfully the car behind was not up close and I did not lose control. However the experience was very unsettling. A faulty front radar was listed as the issue but there was an issue with the part being not in stock in UK or Europe or the right part number being located. I have since formally returned the Qashqai to the dealer(model remained with dealer as soon as fault identified) as I had lost confidence with the model after the incident.I am leaving the forum so I guess this is an unexpected goodbye post too.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Well that must have been a Real Disaster after waiting for a new QQ to get these faults. What is amazing is that these faults seem to be a re-occurrence of the J11A model and we had a few of these but ours is now 4 years old. To get a new QQ and have this happen makes you wonder what PDI Checks are carried out and to actually state there are no Spares available is a Joke a we are not talking about a Back Street Manufacture but an International one. Hard Luck hope you get a new vehicle sorted that is problem free - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Den123

Post by Den123 »

Hope you get it sorted mate