New here

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Jackietb
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Jackietb »

Hi
I have the qq tekna.(2017)
Love this car..or I did..until today
My battery is dead(rip) .but rac guy couldn't replace it as he thinks its not under warranty.
I thought it was 3 years?
Also ..it states stop/start system is faulty.
I think that's because of battery but is this something I will have to have reset or something if I go to halfords tomorrow?

Thanks in advance

Jackie

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jackie, firstly welcome to the Forum ! The problems you have, Battery (most likely Fiamm) & Stop / Start are normally connected and these are known problems by Nissan. I would get down to your local Nissan Dealer and ask what the situation is with the Guarantee before you start paying out. If you have time go to “Search” where there are various posts on these subjects, just enter “Battery” or “Stop / Start” (or similiar) for example and read the facts there - Dave 🤨
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

As Dave says about the warranty.

If you are doing constant short journeys (say about 25 miles) this will likely happen again with a new battery.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta