Another newbie

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Duncrieviedude
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Duncrieviedude »

Hello everyone,
Just been made redundant having had company cars for 35 years and have decided on a Qashqai for which we pick up on Tuesday. It’s a magenta red 1.3 DIG-T 160 TEKNA+ DCT AUTO with panorama roof, registered jan 2019 with about 6k on the clock. Looks really nice. Any tips for a newbie ?
68 plate, QQ 1.3 DIG-T 160 Teckna+ DCT Auto, Bose, Magenta Red, 6,000 miles.

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Welcome to the Forum. Nice choice we have a Dec 19 Tekna + the same Motor & Gearbox, so just coming up to the year now and still loving the Motor / DCT Box really super. If you have the Pro-Pilot I would recommend giving it a try but it is not like normal Hands on Driving but very relaxing on Long trips - Dave 😊
If you have time on your hands then I would recommend looking in the “Search” Area as there is a lot of information there ! ✅
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

I tried the Pro Pilot for the first time the other day and can't see the point of it. I could feel the somewhat jerky corrections being made at the steering wheel all the time whereas when I steer it is much smoother with a lot less corrections. Also as I was locked on behind a car and going through a 50mph speed zone the car in front left by a slip road and I suddenly speeded up and was doing 60mph before I realized and braked to slow down to the 50mph limit.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Geordieman, I think I have mentioned this before I only use ProPilot on the Autobahns or Fast Roads. You are correct on your comment of the Steering, it does appear to try to over correct itself, guaranteed the Guy behind thinks you are Drunk 🤫
I also noticed what you mentioned on first using the System, when you have a Set Speed and you are maintaining a Set Distance behind a Car your Speed is restricted. If you then indicate to overtake and take over Steering Assist goes to Standby the QQ speeds up to the Set Speed, when you are passed the restriction it resets itself. This is similiar to your happening as the car in front moved off up a slipway and in front was free therefore it accelerates back up to the set speed. This is how I found it - Dave 😏 🙏

518811B3-496A-45AE-8543-9C1E012F30B3.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken