New Member - Purchase Advice?

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Mattaman44
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Mattaman44 »

Hi fellow Qashqai owners, thanks for having me!

We currently own a MK1 facelift model (N-TEC+) and we are looking to trade this in against a mk2 model (been looking at Tekna).

Any recommendations for extras to look for when buying a mk2 Qashqai? Or equally anything to avoid?

Thanks

Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

At the very least get full LED headlamps.
This is my third car , and the 2 previous had halogen candles- LED are brilliant.

Otherwise , take your pick of options.

Engine wise - the new 160bhp engine is a cracker - good power and torque and similar mpg to the slightly lower powered engine.
malvern_man
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by malvern_man »

If you're buying new then take a look at this topic as the Mk2 is being discontinued.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10084
2020 (70 Plate) 1.3 DiG-T 140 ~ 6 Speed Manual ~ Tekna+ in Pearl Black.
2022 (22 Plate) BMW X5 40i xDrive M Sport in Phytonic Blue.
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Just to add to the good advice offered, I'd be tempted to wait a little while, because like malvern man says, with the new Qashqai due out next year I'm sure there will be some pretty big discounts to be had as the Main Dealers hurry to off-load their existing stock of the current model.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Whatever you are after whether it be a 2nd Hand or New it depends on your Budget. We have had the MK1 QQ Tekna and now the MK2 QQ Tekna + and if you want all the “Bells & Whistles” these are the ones to go for. Also as mentioned the 1,3L 160PS Motor is a Dream compared to the older 1,2L. The DCT 7 Speed Auto Box is also very quite and fast.
As mentioned it might be worth waiting until the existing models are being phased out or just look around and negotiate a price knowing that a new model is around the corner - Good Luck Dave 🙂
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

If you are buying 2nd hand and thinking about a petrol engine read as much as possible about the 1.2L engine.
If you are thinking about 2nd hand and petrol and automatic please read as much as possible about the gearbox and the known issues.
If you can find a Tekna in your budget I think that had almost everything available bolted onto it.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on with your search
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

Avoid the 1.2 petrol engine and the CVT auto. I changed mine to a new 1.3 Tekna DCT Auto and there is a big difference. I got a quote for my new car from Carwow and also a trade in price. They sent me details of what was available. Not a great choice of colour at the moment. That Carwow quote was through a Main Dealership near where I live. They wouldn't improve on the trade in so I went to another Main Dealer not too far away and they said they would better the Carwow offer and they improved the trade in by another £500 as well as giving an even better price for the new car, plus free Nissan car mats and £20 worth of petrol. The car they offered was black and wasn't our first choice but now we are quite happy with it. A week later I had the car and it cost less than if I had bought a one year old with thousands of miles on the clock.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

Perhaps as people have intimated you could be a bit more specific as to the price level you're looking at.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Mattaman44
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Mattaman44 »

Thanks for all your responses.

Probably looking to stick with Diesel engine and under £12k.

Been looking at the differences between the tekna and n-tec+ models and only obvious things are the wheels and seat material. Am I missing any thing else?
Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

When I bought my NTEC 1.5 diesel 4 years ago - I covered 75000 mechanical trouble free miles , but had many other issues.
At the time it had everything I wanted apart from LED lights - which was an option then , and a heated front screen which was also an option.

That car regularly gave an average mpg on a motorway drive each day of 51.4mpg.

My new 1.3 160 bhp petrol is giving me 44.8mpg on average for the same journey.

so for me , now , the extra price paid for the diesel engine is not worth the fuel gains in mpg.

However I also had a 1.2 petrol , and I was lucky to average 33mpg , so the decision was more clear cut.

As an aside , after 3 years , my NTEC 1.5 diesel was offered to me for £8000 , and that was a year ago with lots of miles .