Hello to my new Qashqai friends

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
mrugby
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by mrugby »

Welcome to you from the Sunny hills of Wales,
After many years of being a ford cmax owner, I have now joined the QQ gang and I present to you my initial thoughts on our brand new Gun metal grey 1.3 DIGT 160 N-Connecta with a glorious transparent window to the sky along with a super smooth DCT gearbox.
Never had an automatic before and was a little wary of the CVT gearbox version so to be lucky enough to coincide with this new DCT option was a lucky stroke.... hopefully.

My first thoughts are to do with the enhancements of technology since my 2009 ford Cmax was born. There seem to be whistles and beeps going off everywhere at present and theirs quite a bit of learning to be done with all these safety features begging for attention. The cmax was a fine family car but it amazes me that this 1.3cc petrol engine can produce 158 horses when compared with my 115 hp 1.8 diesel...quite astonishing really.

The QQ feels very solid to drive,has comfortable seating and is quiet compared to the cmax plus you can feel there is plenty of punch potential available in this QQ once the mechanicals have bedded in a little.
I feel there was more rear legroom in the cmax and the ability to fold and remove the rear seats was a big plus for that model.
I seem to be struggling to grab hold of the drivers seat belt at the moment which seems quite tightly tucked between the drivers seat and pillar.and talking of seatbelts, the rear seat belt buckles are far to inflexible when it comes to fitting a pair of isofix childrens seat boosters. I have already had to purchase short buckle extensions to facilitate fitment...bit strange on a marketed family car.
The infotainment system had come in for some criticism in reviews i had read, but it appears to be quite functional although most journalists seem to want the giant Ipad screens sticking up out of the dashboard these days other wise they mark the scores down if they cant see stuff in HD or 4K.

The panoramic roof was an immediate success with the grand kids as they giggled while watching the rain water beads rolling across the roof as we drove. A very nice feature to have above your heads, which really opens up the cabin environment.
The dealer informed us that no running in procedure was required, although the owners manual dared to differ....I shall be obeying the manual i think !!!!!

One question for you regulars please, after a 30 mile drive and while stationary in a car park I gently raised the engine revs to listen for any unusual noises and at 3,000 rpm the engine limiter came into play, is this normal at rest ? or is it some sort of protection while stationary for an automatic gearbox while in park/neutral mode.
The stop start function is not being consistent, i have not had this function before but stopping at the lights with my footbrake pressed is not consistently shutting off the engine and despite being sure i have done the same actions as previous the engine keeps running. On other occasions, while outside the house for example, the engine shuts off, I remove my seatbelt and the thing starts back up. There.s work to do here, that's for sure, any tips would be handy.I'm aware it can be temporarily turned off but I need to understand it's logic so I can decide if I like it or not. At this moment i don't.
I have not pressed the ECO mode yet, I'm afraid to look down there while i'm driving, those buttons should be more accessible i feel.
Those are my initial thoughts, I've already looked at numerous articles and videos from swapping over led interior lights, to 12v auxilliary socket for the boot...(why is there not one) and loads of other enhancements available for this model, plenty to see, plenty to do and hopefully i can help you too. Thankyou for this forum.
Mrugby

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

I haven't driven the new model so don't have experience to answer your questions but the engine and gearbox have been well received.

Nowadays when I get a new vehicle I always read through the manual from cover to cover - it's surprising what you find!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mrugby, welcome to the QQ Forum ! 😉 we have a Gun Metal Tekna + and are very pleased with it at present.

167EF0D9-0C15-4D50-B02D-E8C3AA28214F.jpeg

B76EBFF7-4B06-4A21-9001-557F0F9D27E0.jpeg

We have the Memory Seats and when you start the Motor and then get out finding the Seatbelts can be annoying. Also on returning the Straps do tend to hang up even when the Highest Adjustment is done.
You have to really read the Manual or sit and play with the Alarms / Warning which most in my opinion you get used too but are worthwhile.
The Bose System & the Infotainment System are Fine for me along with the new Connect System, too much can tend to get confusing unless you are an IT person.
I have never tried Revving the Motor so cannot really advise you on this question.
As you have mentioned this new Alliance 1,3L Motor (160PS) is a dream Motor.
Our Start / Stop Function is normally Turned Off but I must admit in our QQ this functions every time within minutes of driving not like the old model, could be the Varta Battery. These might be worth a read :

59E9829D-8401-44DF-BCE3-E8F1527F6EF6.jpeg

2005A7B4-1EFF-4AA6-A57F-464B00D30CF0.jpeg

The interior LED Lights are worth the effort we had these on the older model also makes a big difference. You comment appears to have been heard as both these additions mentioned will be on the New QQ 2021.
Enjoy your time on the Forum & naturally the QQ, if you need information give the “Search” a read which has a vast amount of information on almost everything on or for the QQ - Regards Dave 😊
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
mrugby

Post by mrugby »

Thanks for the info.
Your photos show your car in lovely condition and the painted bumpers are far better looking than the black version on my model. What cleaning products are you using, i'm still a fan of Autoglym myself and enjoy the pleasure of a gleaming car.
I will say that this isn't the best time of year to buy a car with all the road salt and heavy rains in the UK.
Thanks again for the above info, I have started reading the owners manual and there sure is plenty to read.

Regards

mrrugby
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mrugby, take a look at this old post which might give you a few hints, or look in “Search” as there are more there - Dave 😉

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7925
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

DaveBerlin's car is always looking great on here - and I think the replacement wheels make it look much better than standard.

I really don't like the present trend towards "complicated" diamond-cut alloys. Keep it simple!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gloucester, Thanks for the compliment on the QQ, but the Wheels are the optional Nissan “Wind” 19” Diamond Cut Alloys fitted to the Tekna +. I must say I like the Diamond Cut Wheels we had them on the old QQ for 5 years and never had the “White Worm” Problem or Kerb Damage Problem as I tend to use the Camera when Parking - Dave 🤗

DDCCDF7C-C585-45D0-A2E9-E7D2AEF306F6.jpeg

I chose the Giacuzzo Black “Winter” Alloys because they had wider Webs which allowed easier cleaning during the winter Slush / Dirt Problems.

D5545CC6-162B-4180-8D99-B9B4CCD1019F.jpeg