Hello World

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
kopros
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by kopros »

lewisbryant wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:37 pm 1.6 R9M timing chain covers are known for leaking from factory, sometimes they leak abit later on in their life but ones they've been done and done properly then you shouldnt have the issue again, I just think the people for machines that apply the sealant to the covers are a little bit shy with the amount they apply to the lower section of the timing cover.
Thank you for that info. I was worried that it was a result of mistreatment of the engine somehow. It doesn't seem to be excessive, as there were no oil marks on the road I had it parked for 20-ish hours. Nonetheless, it killed the mood when I found out.
Red Rooster wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:17 pm £250 for horn wow!!!!
gloucester wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:07 pm The costs sound excessive!
A smirk appeared to my face when I heard that number.

As for the timing chain cost, it also sounded excessive but I do not have a lot of experience with car servicing in the UK.
gloucester wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:07 pm I'd certainly report them to the selling dealer, and see what they say. I guess you paid around £11k? (Pure guess)
That is the exact amount I paid for the car. Not particularly happy to add another £1000 on top of that. I'd prefer to get a 17 plate with £12K. To be honest, I don't believe they will offer a compensation nor repair it under their 3-month warranty. I wonder how bad is for the engine to run with such an issue? The oil level is just fine.