Hello from Cumbria

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Doogle
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Doogle »

Hi I'm new to the Forums so apologies if I commit any 'Faux pa' (wrong thread is usually a good start :oops: )

Secondly...I don't actually HAVE a Qashqai yet :( ,
I live in Cumbria in a small town and am looking for a new (ish) car when I retire, hopefully end of next year, I may get the car sooner finances allowing.

I'm currently getting as much info as I can (So many variants and different trim levels) so I'd like to run a few questions by yourselves being experienced owners?
Any advice and information greatly received 8-) :D

So, I'm looking at a couple of models, the one I really like is the Tekna+ Or the N-Motion which look the same spec etc just a different year of make?
However I see differing reviews around the comfort of ride with the larger 19" rims and low profile tyres?
I had low profiles a a Honda Civic TypeS and quite honestly the ride was pretty harsh (I realise it also had stiffer suspension)

The other model is the Accenta Premium as it seems to still have a lot of the Tekna+ "Bells and whistles" minus the leather upholstery, glass roof and Bose speaker system?
But it has the smaller 18" rims and normal tyres, and also reviews very well as a result with ride comfort?

I'd be looking at anywhere from 2019-2020, petrol engine, and either manual or auto not too bothered either way in that.

How is reliability of these later models, again only asking due to the odd review (What Car being one, and Which) both which seemed to suggest reliability wasn't that good?
That said two of my work colleague have them and absolutely love the car, so I'd imagine like any manufacturer they have good n bad.

If you've made it this far, many thanks, and if you've any advice, as I've said it's greatly appreciatedThumbs Up

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Doogle, firstly welcome to the QQ Forum. We had a 2014 Tekna for 5 years and this was the year of introduction basically. It was a Manual with the 1,2L DIG-T Motor which for us was great except for Hilly Areas where the 6 Speed Box had to be used. There were initially Electronic Problems like the Sensors affected by rain, the FIAMM Battery was changed, Condenser changed and the Dreaded Big Oil / Motor Problem which luckily we never had. Overall very pleased with it, but one Big + is find a Good Dealer and stay with them as all our problems were covered under Guarantee.
We then got interested in the New Model J11B and we actually cancelled several times as we knew from the Forum & other information that Specification changes were in the Air. Eventually the Tekna + appeared on the scene with the New 160PS Motor / the New for Nissan QQ DCT 7 Speed Gearbox and all the extra Bells & Whistles and the Painted Wheel Arches. We have had the QQ for around 15 months now and are extremely pleased with the motor and Gearbox they are a dream. It is no Boy Racers Car but it’s very nippy and at present (Touch wood) we have not had one problem. This QQ is a real improvement on the older model and we are looking forward to the Buzz from our Dealer for look at the QQ 3. if you want the “Bells & Whistles” then go for the Tekna +, but would recommend a long test drive local, town and motorway, then you can give the PROPILOT System a try - all the best on your Search if you need anymore facts just ask or PM - Dave 👍😉

PS : we have had both QQ’s with the 19” Alloy Wheels (different Alloys / different Tyres) and we are also “Retirees”, but we both find the ride OK, it could be called Hard but defintely not uncomfortable as the wife also suffers from Back Problems.

814103BC-7359-47BE-AE0C-F0555846183E.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Doogle
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Doogle »

Cheers for the info, just been looking at the N-Connecta and have to say I REALLY like the look of the spec on these, and they don’t run the low profile tyres, I’ve never had a Nissan before so reliability and good customer support/warranty is quite a big thing for me for peace of mind