Hello from Russia!

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
VovaTuf

Post by VovaTuf »

Hello from Moscow! My name is Vova. Let me join to your club! I have a Qashqai 5 years (bought in 2008) (NaviPack, petrol, CVT, 4WD) I like it, do not intend to sell ;)
VovaTuf2013-11-17 19:24:26
Fired iron Cat(Qashqai) 2008 Navi-Pack 2.0l petrol 4WD CVT

VovaTuf

Post by VovaTuf »

My previous Nissan Primera (also from Sunderland) and Qashqai together
My red Cat in a my red Qashqai. In Russian, the words "Cat" and "Qashqai" is very similar. Therefore Qashqai car very often people call "Cat" Photo is called "find the sparrow"
SneakyElephant

Post by SneakyElephant »

[quote="VovaTuf"]
My red Cat in a my red Qashqai. In Russian, the words "Cat" and "Qashqai" is very similar. Therefore Qashqai car very often people call "Cat" [/QUOTE]
Hello! That is very interesting...I am also a member of the Nissan Note forum and we have many Russian members who change their boot badges to read 'ENOT' which apparently is the word for RACCOON...if you join their official club you get a raccoon sticker for the bootlid!By the way, I am assuming that you mean KOSHKA...yes it does sound a bit like QashQai. I always thought the Russian word for cat was SKOTINA but that must mean cats of both sexes.
SneakyElephant2013-11-18 05:44:21
Dan

Post by Dan »

Hi and welcome to the club
SneakyElephant

Post by SneakyElephant »

[quote="VovaTuf"]
Photo is called "find the sparrow" [/QUOTE]

Those Russian sparrows are much bigger than the ones we get in London...SneakyElephant2013-11-18 11:45:26
bianconero

Post by bianconero »

I do like a long legged bird
SneakyElephant

Post by SneakyElephant »

no 'laying' or 'stuffing' jokes please
VovaTuf

Post by VovaTuf »

Friends! (let me call you that)Thank you very much for the warm and friendly welcome![quote="SneakyElephant"]]Those Russian sparrows are much bigger than the ones we get in London...[/QUOTE]]Wow! Is increase the Sparrow in transit to London?
Now it's easy to find. My QashQai was lost somewhere behind [quote="Dan"]]Hi and welcome to the club [/QUOTE]]Thank you, Dan! [quote="SneakyElephant"]]change their boot badges to read 'ENOT' which apparently is the word for RACCOON...By the way, I am assuming that you mean KOSHKA...yes it does sound a bit like QashQai.[/QUOTE]]Exactly! We give to cars consonant Russian affectionate names.Nissan-Teana - we call Tanya (girl's name)Nissan-Murano - we call Murena (sea fish - Moray)Nissan-Note - we call Enot (Raccoon)Nissan-Qashqai - we call Koshka (girl cat)[quote="SneakyElephant"]]I always thought the Russian word for cat was SKOTINA but that must mean cats of both sexes.[/QUOTE]]Not exactly. The word SKOTINA has a 3 values.1. Main. Livestock meat which is suitable for food.2. Comic. Domestic cats and dogs (as you said).3. Abusive. The man who behaves like a beast.
SneakyElephant

Post by SneakyElephant »

[quote="VovaTuf"][quote="SneakyElephant"]I always thought the Russian word for cat was SKOTINA but that must mean cats of both sexes.[/QUOTE]Not exactly. The word SKOTINA has a 3 values.1. Main. Livestock meat which is suitable for food.2. Comic. Domestic cats and dogs (as you said).3. Abusive. The man who behaves like a beast.[/QUOTE]
Thank you Vova...in the same way, the word SNEAKY has two meanings in English...1.Main. A sly or untrustworthy person.2. Specific. The elephant who behaves like a man (me!)
VovaTuf

Post by VovaTuf »

[quote="SneakyElephant"]The elephant who behaves like a man (me!)[/QUOTE]Oh! Thank you for the joke! We laugh the whole family! My family loves English humor!