Picking up my Qashqai Tekna 4x4 Tomorrow

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Zach Nicodemous

Post by Zach Nicodemous »

After ordering way back on April 9th, my Qashqai Tekna 4x4 is arriving 3 weeks ahead of its August 20th delivery date and I am picking it up tomorrow!I was up at the showroom today to give the car a visual once-over and I have to say it looks freakin' awesome!I have been informed by my dealership that mine is one of only 17 QQ's
in Gun Metal Grey on the island, and the only one of those 17 that is a
fully spec'd out Tekna model with the chrome finishings, so apparently I have an entirely unique vehicle!I'll post pictures tomorrow afternoon once have gotten it home :)

D1eam

Post by D1eam »

Ooo lovely. I'm sure your going to enjoy. I would of loved to get the 4x4. But couldn't quite stretch the funds so got the 2 wheeler. But no complaints love it..now just need to get some extras.

Well done mate
D1eam a little dream of me 😉
1.2 xtronic Tekna gunmetal grey picked up June 26 2015
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

I have had my 4x4 for for 10 months and nearly 15,000 miles and have had minimal problems with it.I still enjoy driving it and hope you will too.
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
D1eam

Post by D1eam »

I wondering were you got the grill for the rad cover. As I've been worried about stones an other bits hitting mine but couldn't find anything ... Love your bonnet cover too have ordered one for mine as I Drive at lot on motorways.

Nice styling Doc!
Tom40my

Post by Tom40my »

Grill from zun sports you can get it in black or chrome mines chrome as I like a bit of bling some pictures on this forum if you lookTom40my2015-07-31 08:44:08
2014 1.2 tekna magnetic red
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Or you can do what I did and import one from Russia for £67! I've had mine on my car for best part of a year now and its showing no signs of deteriation, I do an 80 mile round trip to work every day so relatively it takes a bit of a battering.
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
D1eam

Post by D1eam »

Thank you both. Will check them out.. I did try Amazon but they didn't have any so good to know we're you got yours from.

Thank you. Tom. &. Wheelie
Zach Nicodemous

Post by Zach Nicodemous »

[quote="Wheelie Bealie"]
Or you can do what I did and import one from Russia for £67! I've had mine on my car for best part of a year now and its showing no signs of deteriation, I do an 80 mile round trip to work every day so relatively it takes a bit of a battering.[/QUOTE]Would love to know where you ordered that from. eBay? Could you hit me with a link either here or via PM?Anyway, I picked up my QQ at around 11am today and I am more than impressed. I absolutely LOVE the power on the engine, I wouldn't guess that I am driving a 1.6 considering my previous car (a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Petrol) was also a 1.6 and was sooooo sluggish!All the power kicks in on this engine at around 1800-2000rpm and when it does, freakin' "wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" all the way home!I will post some pictures tomorrow as right after I picked up the QQ, my 5 year old niece came for a visit which involved 4 hours playing with her in our pool, followed by a BBQ in 38 celcius heat. (not sure which was more exhausting).I've only just dropped them home so its dark now. Freakin LOVE the LED Headlights or whatever they are. SOOOO bloody bright even on normal mode, and then when the auto-high beams kick in I swear I can see for miles!Two things I have noticed:1) I can't quite seem to figure out how to get the electronic handbrake to turn on in all cases. What is the trick / procedure to turn it on? For example, if I have the clutch down and my foot in the break, do I release the clutch, press the handbrake button and then release the brake? That doesn't always seem to turn it on.2) The auto start/stop is turned on in the settings, but its not engaged at any point today while driving around. Anything special I need to do? Do I need to be in neutral? Do I need to release the brake and clutch?Thanks
Zach Nicodemous2015-07-31 19:20:15
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

You'll have the weekend to explore your new QQ; STOP/START only comes on very occasionally for me; you'll find threads on it, by using SEARCH. Battery voltage seems key so if you've got a lot of electrical power being used, may well not come on.It comes on a lot less than my Beemer. E brake should always come on automatically come on when you turn ignition off: does it?If not needs Dealer attention. Otherwise if you're stopped at junction for example, & need handbrake just pull lever up for just a moment, should apply & show red LED..
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Geezso

Post by Geezso »

One note, for other readers the electric handbrake does not automatically engage upon the engine being turned off on automatic/ xtronic transmission.
2015 Qashqai 115 Dig T - Gun Metalic
2015 Note Dig S - Black