Hi there

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Rundmc

Post by Rundmc »

Yes when I test drove the 1.5dci it was so quiet I didn't even know I was doing 80mph on the motorway
Qashqai 1.5 dci Acenta Premium Ink Blue since 13/05/14

TC3

Post by TC3 »

[quote="Rundmc"]Yes when I test drove the 1.5dci it was so quiet I didn't even know I was doing 80mph on the motorway[/QUOTE]
I have to agree it is so refined at higher speeds it will make for a very relaxed ride on long trips. Even dropping it down a gear to overtake the engine does not scream for help and thats exactly what I wanted.
TC32014-03-02 13:22:25
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

colliedog

Post by colliedog »

I think you have to take car review sites with the proverbial pinch of saltI drove both the 1.5 diesel manual and the 1.6 diesel cvt and I could not comment on any discernible noise differences between the 2 - that may be due to me becoming a deaf old git, both are as quiet as most petrol cars I have ever driven The manual gearbox is silky smooth with positive feel to the changes but this is where I have issues with review sites, the CVT is freaking lovely - honestly sometimes I think these guys dont actually drive the cars they are writing about. The auto box ( CVT) is without question the smoothest I have ever driven and would say even better than the VAG dual clutch setup. The Xtronic setup works well and has totally removed the "rubber band" feel which was a bit off putting in earlier CVT boxes, but to be honest you really needed a heavy right foot to complain anyway - if you want a boy racer you dont buy a car with an auto box.One complaint I did have on both the 1.5 and 1.6 is the access to the rear seats is IMO atrocious anyone bigger than an anorexic twiggy may find getting in difficult, again IMO the rear doors dont open wide enough although plenty of room once you are in.Electric parking brake - first time for me and this will take a little bit of getting used too and tbh would rather have had the switch position further back,19 week delay on delivery - certainly not happy about that, if it wasnt for the fact I need an auto box this time I think I too would have chosen the 1.5 but they are not available yet. Oh yeah ( I think) the 1.5 and 1.6 have different maximum towing weights which may be another criteria you need to consider.
TC3

Post by TC3 »

[quote="colliedog"]I think you have to take car review sites with the proverbial pinch of saltI drove both the 1.5 diesel manual and the 1.6 diesel cvt and I could not comment on any discernible noise differences between the 2 - that may be due to me becoming a deaf old git, both are as quiet as most petrol cars I have ever driven The manual gearbox is silky smooth with positive feel to the changes but this is where I have issues with review sites, the CVT is freaking lovely - honestly sometimes I think these guys dont actually drive the cars they are writing about. The auto box ( CVT) is without question the smoothest I have ever driven and would say even better than the VAG dual clutch setup. The Xtronic setup works well and has totally removed the "rubber band" feel which was a bit off putting in earlier CVT boxes, but to be honest you really needed a heavy right foot to complain anyway - if you want a boy racer you dont buy a car with an auto box.One complaint I did have on both the 1.5 and 1.6 is the access to the rear seats is IMO atrocious anyone bigger than an anorexic twiggy may find getting in difficult, again IMO the rear doors dont open wide enough although plenty of room once you are in.Electric parking brake - first time for me and this will take a little bit of getting used too and tbh would rather have had the switch position further back,19 week delay on delivery - certainly not happy about that, if it wasnt for the fact I need an auto box this time I think I too would have chosen the 1.5 but they are not available yet. Oh yeah ( I think) the 1.5 and 1.6 have different maximum towing weights which may be another criteria you need to consider.
[/QUOTE]
Regarding the 1.5 and 1.6 you drove, I imagine the 1.6 CVT kept you away from the higher revs unless you really pushed it. There is a clear difference in refinement between the 1.5 and 1.6 as they reach 4k revs. I did not like pushing the 1.6 over 4k revs as it just sounded like it was complaining too much but the 1.5 shut up and did as it was told with lil noise :)Just my opinion and everyone is different as some people actually like to hear the engine growl.

TC32014-03-02 16:04:11

Rundmc

Post by Rundmc »

Been for my test drive in the Octavia DSG today so not really comparing to the QQ 1.5dci I had drove but the MPG was comparable. Liked the drive but it is turning out about an extra £550 per year and I think is a little dated compared to the technology on the QQ Acenta Premium.

I think the QQ 1.5dci Acenta Premium it is going to be and leasing. I just need to decide on colour now and down to Ink Blue and Gun metal so might have the exact same car as you TC3 soon.

The QQ is going to get wifey approval easier too and think we both like the same two colours.
Qashqai 1.5 dci Acenta Premium Ink Blue since 13/05/14
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Nice one Rundmc and wife approval is always good!

TC3

Post by TC3 »

Our BMW has now gone and we are left with our run around Corsa. I think the only thing I will miss from it when I trade it in is the heated seats and heated steering wheel. The seats are much more effective then the heated seats in the Tekna but maybe that is due to thicker leather on TeKna seats as the Corsa is only part leather. Having wanted a QQ from the moment they first were introduced I am pretty much over the moon we are actually getting one! What surprised me is the 14.5% discount I managed to get on the car list price and with free velour mats too. When I asked the salesman for a tank of diesel he just laughed and said they had to draw a line somewhere. I remember when we bought a new Mini Cooper it was a lot tougher trying to get a discount....

TC3

Post by TC3 »

Just got an email this evening from salesman. On checking order database delivery shows as week commencing 17th March but he thinks to aim for end of that week. Excitement is now growing ?Y?S

TC3

Post by TC3 »

Email from salesman to say the car will be with them in next weeks delivery. Hope he is right as the excitement is getting to me....

TC3

Post by TC3 »

Update from me.....dealer called to say car will be ready to pick up Thursday onwards. Considering the wife is very busy until Saturday we may as well pile the miles on the present car before doing the part ex. I think a long Sunday drive is in the works