Used QQ 1.2

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
hullmackem

Post by hullmackem »

Hi All, i'm new here....I'm looking to buy a used QQ, probably 14 plate 1.2 variant. I'm assuming the prices should drop after Sept 1st ? I'd like an Acenta Premium but they are just over my budget and I'm looking at the Acenta with Smart Vision pack as there seem to be a few about. Has anyone got the 50mpg out of the engine when its up and running with a few miles on the clock ? we do about 12K per year but its only 20-25 miles per day and not all on motorway so the diesel seems pointless. I've heard the turbo is quite good on the 1.2 but are worried about overtaking on motorways, does it chug along or pick up well ?

D1eam

Post by D1eam »

Hi. We have a 1.2 Tekan auto. 2015. I have been very pleased with both the pick up and how quite the car is. If you won't to go fast get a Merc but to be honest this 1.2 supercharged engine is dry tidy. Plus after all the speed limit is 70! But it does feel like it will go more if you asked it. As for fuel we have the petrol version and currently are getting on average 40/42 mpg. But it's early days plus for a auto we feel that's pretty good considering weight of car etc . Having been on holiday all over Wales with two adults an two German shepherds an all our stuff it pulled up the hills no bother .. We are very happy with the QQ . Feeling it ticks the boxs for price value and well what else would you get at that level you can buy out there.
D1eam a little dream of me 😉
1.2 xtronic Tekna gunmetal grey picked up June 26 2015
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Don't want to frighten you, but you may want to look at some of the posts regarding excessive oil consumption on the 1.2 petrol variant.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

My 1.2 DIG-T is great. I get between 45-50mpg now I have adjusted my driving style and use the speed limiter function and sit at 65 on the motorway. Got around 15k on the clock and it seems to have really loosened up in the last 2-3000 miles and returning good figures. It has enough power for overtaking, however dropping a cog or 2 may be needed. Some people report turbo lag, however IMHO, you just need to learn how to drive the engine, I have yet to have a problem, unless I am in the wrong gear or 'driving it wrong'! You do have to set your expectations though, although it feels more than a 1.2turbo, and is better than the 1.6N/A it replaces, at the end of the day, it IS just a 1.2 turbo in a large car.As above however, there is a concern about the 1.2's with oil consumption by a 'handful' people. Nobody seems quite sure why or how extensive it is but there seems to be 3 trends.. 1. Major consumption (0.5L - 1L every 1000 miles) - engines being replaced2. Minor consumption (0.5L every 4-5000 miles) - unknown reason. Nissan say its within tolerance3. No consumption at all The same is happening with the Juke owners club with the same engine, but (and yes, I realise saying this is going to hurt resale values...!), I would sufficiently concerned at the moment, especially as you seem interested in an early version (that being before the 64 plate when a lot of issues got resolved). My dealer has reported a bulletin will shortly be appearing around dealers explaining what needs to be done to either fix, or slow the rate of oil loss when its minor.
SplanK2015-08-11 21:54:19
Geezso

Post by Geezso »

Great choice, £15-16k for cared4 and you wont go far wrong. High miler under £14k but I you go pcp it wont matter. Seen some great deals recently.I have 1.2, as above, once you learn how to drive there's no lag and plenty of performance.as for oil loss I have only heard it mentioned here. Not in any other circles. So cant comment. imo the acenta svp is better than acenta premium. As the reverse camera is not as comprehensive as the ntec and above so you just use the beepers, and the glass roof looks lost without rails.unless you NEED sat nav its a no brainer
2015 Qashqai 115 Dig T - Gun Metalic
2015 Note Dig S - Black