Hi

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

[quote="TC3"][quote="Rob_S"]More build up - Delivery to me on 26-Mar, but trying to get earlier.[/QUOTE]
Why they taking so long to get car to you Rob? Mine arrived Wednesday and was ready for pick up next day (but I decided on Saturday) so curious what the dealer has given you as reason for delay. Anyway it is getting close for you the QQ day :)[/QUOTE]Its done via leasing, so do not know. They did quote 28-Mar, but brought it back to 26-Mar. They did say it was all to do with the transporter being in my area for a delivery slot as its going direct to my door.
Now 1.3 petrol Tekna + Gunmetal (Oct-2022)
Was 1.5dci Tekna+ Gunmetal (March 2018)
Was 1.5dci Acenta Premium Magnetic Red (March 2014)

TC3

Post by TC3 »

[quote="Donkey"]
so long? most of us are told these cars dont even exist!!!Get reviewing guys and get those pics up as for me only time ive seen the car is in pics tv or in showroomIve yet to see a new model on the road 1000s of the old ones[/QUOTE]
Same here Donkey I have yet to see one in my town or any other I have been to for that matter but plenty of the older ones about. I am sure I will get a few fingers pointed at the car and a few questions when out and about.Mine is a bog standard AP in Gunmetal just like the pic someone recently posted so not sure anyone will be wanting pics of it.
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Dont worry get pics up I say even if theres 100s of them lolits the fuel economy and the motorway behaviour im desperate to find out about to be honestPart of me scared ive bought a 1.5 engine and expect it to behave, and then i think 6 speed gearbox on a 1.5 engine will be like a HGV all over again change gear change gear change gearnot something you can explore on a demonstrator
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Have to say that on an "average" motorway journey it's get up in to 6 and leave it there. The engine gas enough torque to pull 6th at reasonably low enough speeds to mean you aren't constantly changing.

Hit traffic and yes you are up and down a fair bit. But that's no different to any other manual car. That's from a guy whose driven autos for the last 10 years. ;)
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

My brother in law has a year old QQ so im almost certain everything will be okJust im old and feeling itback from the time 1.6 for mixed town / motorway and never under 2.0 for style I driveThese new engines they making nowadays with such power and torque are scary eh out of a tiny little lump matched to a very big carWhen looking at the car you would of thought at least 2.5 engine stunned the 1.2 engine pulls it around so well
TC3

Post by TC3 »

I will take a run to Cambridge with the wifey this lunch time and will report back. Pick car up in 1.5 hours then drive home to look in manual to get to grips with the tech and set up nissan connect before going out for lunch. I remember on test drive leaving it in 6th at 75ish was ok and if needing a quick overtake a drop down to 5th did the job so pretty much same as any car with the same sort of power. Off course the 1.6 was better at getting up speed to overtake but did not convince me it was enough an improvement to get 10 mpg less and pay extra for it.

korky

Post by korky »

[quote="TC3"] I will take a run to Cambridge with the wifey this lunch time and will report back. Pick car up in 1.5 hours then drive home to look in manual to get to grips with the tech and set up nissan connect before going out for lunch. I remember on test drive leaving it in 6th at 75ish was ok and if needing a quick overtake a drop down to 5th did the job so pretty much same as any car with the same sort of power. Off course the 1.6 was better at getting up speed to overtake but did not convince me it was enough an improvement to get 10 mpg less and pay extra for it.[/QUOTE]

Enjoy it
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Enjoy. Love the tech
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

It arrived at 12:40 :-)Forgive me as I now disappear for a while ...
Now 1.3 petrol Tekna + Gunmetal (Oct-2022)
Was 1.5dci Tekna+ Gunmetal (March 2018)
Was 1.5dci Acenta Premium Magnetic Red (March 2014)
TC3

Post by TC3 »

[quote="Rob_S"]
It arrived at 12:40 :-)Forgive me as I now disappear for a while ...[/QUOTE]
Excellent ... go out and have some fun and get familiar with it