Hi

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Sudhir

Post by Sudhir »

Please do post your thoughts about the car once you have some free time
2014 Qashqai Tekna Dci Storm White.

Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

Hope youve had a fun afternoon with the new addition. Dont forget to report back.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Extremely short review. - Remember I never test drove this, so some of this may be common knowledge. Based on city driving. came with 5 miles on the clock now up to about 21.GoodSmooth, very quiet, lots of tech.One touch roof open button - does make a great deal of difference to internal light.Satnav - loaded my own POIs already first time from USB stick, no fuss. Looked for local restaurants, and it had my nearest chip shop on it. Even speaks the road names. Very quick to route as well.Screen between rev counter and speedo - Really cool spinning car when it starts and was set to my colour as well :-), Very easy to read - Display sat nav instructions when needed. Can display digital speed as well as all the other functions which I have not had a chance to look at yet. Oh - Yes the Compass looks cool as wellPaired phone; setup Connect, Google works, but have not used it, Bluetooth audio works OK (Sony Xperia Go (Android V4.1.2)) - USB loaded with about 6GB of files, works OK. Voice Dialling - Long press on phone button on steering wheel brings up the Phone's own voice dialling app. Waited until it said - speak now - which was at least 30 seconds - and said "Call Home" - It called home :-) Boot space - Great - Field Hockey Goal keeper bag fits with room to spare.Stop/Start - Works as intended - Engine switches itself back on quickly and then automatically if Air Conditioning or something else demands it.Electronic handbrake - Switch engine off and it comes on automatically :-)consumption - best on journey so far about 44MPG - this is city driving - better idea at the weekend as we go out to sporting events on sat and sun :-)Bad - maybe too strong a word - lets say not so goodAudio - True, has little bass when volume is low. Could do with a Loudness button instead of a speed sensitive button. For me, its acceptable as I turn the volume up a bit :-)Touch Screen - Not very sensitive, really have to press the screen to get buttons activatedFuel and bonnet open buttons - A bit low down, I have to get out of car an operate them. Also no feed back to say that you have opened the fuel filler cap so you have to look to see if it is open.Filling with Fuel - Automatic fuel cut-off from pump seemed a bit quick, could be the pump or the angle I put the nozzle in.Other ThingsLex Autolease - Had front / rear mats, warning triangle and high viz Jacket as usual.Photos - will have to wait until weekend - camera battery flat :-(PS - This is a bit longer than intended!
Rob_S2014-03-26 17:34:07
Now 1.3 petrol Tekna + Gunmetal (Oct-2022)
Was 1.5dci Tekna+ Gunmetal (March 2018)
Was 1.5dci Acenta Premium Magnetic Red (March 2014)
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

Great review. Someone on here was whinging about speech activated not being there but it seems you can "call home" without fumbling for the phone.
Current Cars: QQ 1.5 DCi Tekna, Maserati 3200GT, Mini Cooper S

Sudhir

Post by Sudhir »

Great review indeed. Waiting for photos and your weekend eco score.
2014 Qashqai Tekna Dci Storm White.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Good review and I agree with what you saidI thought there was a warning light to say the fuel filler and bonnet was open, I will check this out tomorrow, as I could be wrongThanks for that, we should all update from time to time
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

That would be me "whinging" The car does not have voice activated anything, the feature he's using is an app which is on his mobile phone.Rob S, how did you get the POIs onto a memory stick?, I registered on the Nissan Connect site but only got the option to download an app to activate the system which isn't much use as I don't have a smart phone to download or use it with.

phaedra2014-03-26 19:12:30
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

And is that not available on all connect fitted QQ's with the phone app?
Current Cars: QQ 1.5 DCi Tekna, Maserati 3200GT, Mini Cooper S

phaedra

Post by phaedra »

The app is on the phone it's not a Nissan app on the Connect system, if your phone doesn't have voice dialling ability and the app you can't do it. With the CRV the bluetooth handsfree system you could store numbers in the cars system and dial by voice like "dial home" or "dial Bob" as long as you'd stored the numbers and names (by voice) into the system. It also allowed you to adjust the heating, stereo etc. without your hands leaving the steering wheel.
phaedra2014-03-26 19:17:27
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)