Hi All

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Hi all,Just thought I would introduce myself. I am hopeful some of you may know me already from other Nissan forums. I have been on plenty of them over the years as you will see...I am looking at upgrading to a Qashqui 2014 in the next 3-6 months (need to save up some pennie's first!!), test drove a 1.2T Acenta Premium model at the weekend and was impressed! Even managed to convert the Mrs into liking it as well (she didn't like the size of it, saying it was too big, until I reminded her how squished our little boy was in the back of the Almera when we went Llandudno for a weekend!)I have a long history with Nissan's which is more of a continuation from my dad's love with them (from memory, Datasun Sunny, Bluebird, Primera P10, Primera P11, Primera P12 and now Juke if I recall correctly!), and the only time I have driven another make of car is when they have been loaned, or when I hire them (such as the Jag XF 3.0 V6 twin tubby derv that I drove on the day of my wedding!)So here we go, in order of ownership/borrowing...!Micra K11 1.0 (well, this was my mums which I crashed when a taxi driver jumped a red light)Micra K11 1.0 (again my mums....)Primera P11 1.6 (bought of my dad, had for a couple of years before the dreaded curse of snapped drive shaft, although an easy fix, I took the opportunity to get my next car...)Primera P11 2.0 SRi (this is the car people may know me from. Not really much of a jump from the last car but this car was awesome and I miss it a lot. It started off as a low slung clean, complete with a 150db capable sound system, to about a year and a half later to being a stripped out BTCC style racer, threw in some bucket seats and harnesses and tweaked the suspension... oh and not forgetting the BTCC stickers! I was starting the process of getting bits to turbo the NA lump but then I got other ideas...) 200sx S14a Touring (again, loved this car, was quick and very comfy. I took it to stage 1 which was around 280bhp, however I missed the days of being able to go up Rivington for a blast, had too much power and not in the right place to throw around country roads like I could with the Primera. I started to see worrying signs of rust on the seams so got rid before I had even had it 12 months! Shame really.) Note 1.4 (I think it was a 1.4, anyway it was a company car. It did its job... gotr rid when I changed jobsAlmera N15 1.4 (got this when I had the company car as our 2nd car after we moved into our own place. It was a strange love/hate relationship with this car, It was nippy, chuckable, but also required a fair bit of keeping on top of maintenance. In the end, I scrapped this car when I spotted a rather large hole in the rear quarter and the cost of all the other bits and bobs It needed....)Almera N16 1.5 (This replaced the Nissan Note when I started my new job. Still have it today, just gone through its MOT with official mileage being 66666 (yes, not making that up!). Been quite reliable so far and a good all rounder, had it now 4 years, but starting a family with a planned 2nd child its getting a bit too small so looking at replacing this with a Qashqai)Micra K11 1.0 (can't keep away from these it seems! Bought it as we needed a replacement car for the now scrapped N15 Almera. This was bought at the time where low priced good cars were not easy to find. Looks like this one had a bump and a few things started to go, so with the wife being 4 or 5 months pregnant at the time, we wanted something a bit more reliable so having owned it for 18 months we traded it in for a ...)Micra K13 1.2 DIG-S (words can not describe the feeling when driving this in anger. Such a fantastic little car, a smidge quicker than the N16 1.5 Almera, but so chuckable, the supercharger whine and the throb from the 3pot lump puts a smile on my face each time I get in. Most days however it's the wife's car, but I still like to think of it was my "little weekend car".... since the wife said no to a 370z )So there we have it, a quick history of my cars, and hopefully adding an extra model to the quite extensive list!!
SplanK2014-03-15 22:38:03