Brit in Berlin

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi, I have just joined this Forum as I am interested in any feedback and relevant points with regard to the New Qashqai. We have driven the 1,2L Tekna and were very impressed, we took this engine choice as we live in a City and are not Boy Racers anymore, but it is quicker than our present Juke.
I am a member of the Juke Owners Group Forum and believe I am fairly active in this. We have at present a modified Giacuzzo Note & a Juke Tekna which has had a few additions made to it. As we are now both "OAP's" our plan is to trade in both for a new Qashqai. I have been reading up in the Forum to educate myself as I am in the process of specing out what we want when we place an order.
So thanks for your attention and I hope that I can become active in this Forum - Regards Dave

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Contigo

Post by Contigo »

Welcome Dave. I have just ordered a 1.5 DCi Tekna after umming and ahhing about the pro's and con's of Petrol Vs Diesel . Both were very good to drive and I probably prefer the 1.2 DigT engine because it is far quieter when used around town which is where most of my driving will be done. If I was buying outright then I would have gone Petrol because it would take a good 30K miles and more to claw back the differential in price to offset the extra fuel savings. As I am going the lease route and there are only a few £ difference in the monthlies then it makes sense to go for the more frugal diesel which can return into the 60's MPG, and 840 miles per tank..... Drive both decide which one you like and then go for itIn terms of the car itself, it drives very well, handles really well for a mid sized SUV and also has all the gadgets you will ever need making it a very safe vehicle. It is a massive step up from the previous gen QQ and the Juke so you will feel you are getting into a totally different car. Nissan have spent hour and hours developing the seats and putting all the nice touches together and hence why it has won "Car of the Year 2014" WhatCar award.
Current Cars: QQ 1.5 DCi Tekna, Maserati 3200GT, Mini Cooper S

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Contigo, thanks for your comments and feedback. I found that the motor was really quite and the 6 speed gear change was really nice and smooth against what I would call a Notchy Juke Box. Safety to me is a big concern and there are a lot of features included as long as they do not drive us mad with continuous "Beeping". The one issue I have at present is the Air Con Additive R 1234yf which is a big issue here on safety compared with the existing R1234 - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Welcome to the forum...hope you are active on here and enjoy it.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Kramrolyat70, thanks for your welcoming words and I am sure I can be active in this Forum. To me this is what Forums are all about - sharing information. All we have to do is get our act together and place an order - Dave
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

NIKE Dave.JUST DO IT!
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

Oooh slogans I like it! If Carlsberg did Cars...they'd build the new Qashqai....

kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

ohhh good....should of done that in green though.
Contigo

Post by Contigo »