About to order

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Hello all. We currently drive a Juke which has given us a lot of problems and now about to order a new Qashqai 1.5 dCi Tekna.We are looking for economy with a reasonable level of performance and I did not feel that I could justify spending the extra money that Nissan want for the 1.6 dCi. Also feel that the 1.2 Dig-T is not going to be ideal as we do a lot of long runs and motorway trips as well as local driving.I had a brief test drive last month and just blown away by the quality and the new interior finish. As to spec with the Tekna, this is in the Audi BMW class and looks excellent value for the money.If all goes to plan we will place our order next week and probably going for Nightshade.Looking forward to participating on the forum and will update you all as we progress through order to delivery which I believe is likely to be late June.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze

tun123

Post by tun123 »

hi,i decided to cancel my order, when i realised i would probably not qaulify .have you not got to be over 70 or female to qualify to drive the cashcow lol.rather wait for the x trail if i decided to buy a nissan,or maybe consider the kuga much more trendy.
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

I think the Xtrail is fine if you have that sort of budget and need a larger vehicle but for us it would be too large and too expensive so it's the Qashqai. As for the Kuga, in my opinion it's not in the same league as the Qashqai and the quality is nothing like as good. There is a good reason why you can get a huge discount on Fords.F1 Bob2014-03-22 15:04:56
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
tun123

Post by tun123 »

sorry i disagree fords are good cars and have sold more cars and are much bigger and better than nissan, and make some of the best cars of all ranges , the old cashcow was tacky the new one does have better interior,but ive read complaints about things dropping off the new one and badly fitted trims,i would give it a while and wait for reviews, its too small to be classed as a suv its more like a hatchback.nissan customer service is crap,but if your happy with all that go for it,im just glad i didnt in the end phewwww.
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Bob i picked up my 1.5 today and it is brilliant. I am over the moon and the quality is very good. All cars have their quirks and no car is perfect. I too prefer the QQ over the Kuga which is a personnel thing.Tun123 is being a bit of an arse and I suggest as he has decided to buy something else maybe he needs to go to another forum as his input is not very interesting....
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

tun123

Post by tun123 »

truth hurts does it,how slow.....your the arse with the mobility car.................goodbye pass you on the motorway.............
tun123

Post by tun123 »

its funny how people seem to agree.but when i decided to cancel you would not believe the comments i received about how ugly they thought the new cashcow was ,only people i see driving the old one and buying the new one are retired or disabled no offence mind.but no street cred whatsoever.im only 40 what was i thinking....oh god i need to have a word.sorry tell a lie my great grandad like it lol....
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

I'm under 40 and have ordered one as a runabout. It has all the bells and whistles and safety I need for a runabout family car. It will sit nicely in the collection with my Maserati and M5.
Current Cars: QQ 1.5 DCi Tekna, Maserati 3200GT, Mini Cooper S

andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

I looked at the kuga, seemed a good price, but to get the same spec as a tekna, had to get lots of extras, which then put the price over the qq tekna.I can't remember exactly, but I think the only auto box came with a 2l engine, which I didn't want.So, from my research, I couldn't get the same spec, but the closest came out at more expensive.
tekna cvt mag red
tun123

Post by tun123 »

all im doing is giving my opinion,would not do if we all keep agreeing and licking one and others arse.if it makes people think first, instead of rushing in, .family car maybe as long as grandad drives car.