hi to all

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

The problem is Bev that usually a Motability customer already has their car and it comes up for renewal after 3 years. They order their replacement 3-4 months before the end of the contract and continue driving their previous Motability car until their new one arrives. In your case you don't already have a vehicle suitable for your son so you are stuck trying to manage but you are being pushed to the back of the queue with all the others on Motability.

I am in the same "boat" as you as although I currently have a Motability car but I am only half way through my 3 year contract. The problem is that my car is also not fit for purpose as I can no longer get in and out without experiencing extreme pain. I have to dose myself up with extra painkillers just to attempt to get in and I have to have other people's help to lift my legs in and out of the car. My current contract was cancelled on 23rd Jan and my Qashqai was ordered the following day but Ive still got over 13 weeks to wait.

My advice is to contact Nissan Customer Services (number is on the Nissan UK website) and explain your predicament and ask if they can help and to also give Motability a call and tell them what you've told us.
Nothing to lose!

phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Or you may get lucky!, like Marianda24 I ordered mine in January, was told various dates throughout March and ended up with the now famous "April 28th" date However, I got a call from my dealer 2 weeks ago and I'm picking it up tomorrow afternoon!. No idea why it's early (or on time going by the original paperwork!) but it shows that it can happen
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
bev 2311

Post by bev 2311 »

Phaedra r u a motobility customer ?
I need to sell my car I have signs in it outside my house but half scared to advertise else where in case I am lucky and sell quick but then my qq over running time again
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

I am, originally had a C-Max which was very nice for 2 years until a nice lady driver decided not to give way at a roundabout and almost took the entire passenger side off it. Resulting injuries meant I could no longer get into it so switched to a Honda CRV, had it for 5 years and been very very happy with it."Rover the 3rd" (my daughter names the cars!) is off for our last drive together tomorrow afternoon when I collect what will probably be Rover the 4th, my daughter is not best pleased as she wanted it in Nightshade but I saw it on a dull day and it just looked like black to me!.
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
bev 2311

Post by bev 2311 »

U give me hope then that my qq will b delivered april fingers crossed