Quick Hello!

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Lurked around here for a couple of weeks now so time to join as you seem a fairly sane lot. Have ordered a Tenka 1.6CVT in magnetic red, back at the end of January. So far with a variable delivery date, initially 28th March, then moved to the 26th, currently 31st March, seems OK compared to some stories on here, especially as I am a 'cash' buyer but it doesn't seem to me that I have received any preferential treatment? Whenever I go to the dealer (Arnold Clark) they show me their screen with all the information about my purchase and delivery details - no secrets.Peter
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Similar experience with me, the dealer showing me the screen of delivery dates etc. and they were exactly as promised. I seem to think that buyers through brokers have the biggest problem regarding delays and information. When I had my Yeti most of buyers through brokers etc. on their forums always seemed to be the ones complaining of long deliveries and let downs etc.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Hi Peter and welcome. That's what the dealer did with me too, show me all order and delivery details on screen and they got the delivery date pretty much spot on
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Chortes

Post by Chortes »

My initial delivery date was bang on, 27th March; Unfortunately I missed the call to arrange delivery so by the time I got back to them the delivery slot had moved to 1st April (my fault not theirs). Eight days and it'll be here........
Really?
Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

Welcome to the forum.

You say that it doesn't seem like you have received any preferential treatment as a cash buyer and you probably haven't. You ordered your 1.6 CVT at the end of January and your delivery date is 31st March which is not too bad but Im a Motability customer and I ordered my 1.6 CVT also at the end of January but my delivery date is 28th April. First come, first served doesn't apply if your a Motability customer.

Make sure you keep us informed about your new QQ and dont forget we like photos will you?
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Welcome PeterIm sure cash buyers are not given preferential treatment, just think Motability customers are just bieng given a short smelly stick lolIn 4 active forums without exception Motability customers all saying exactly the same thing minimum of 12 - 15 weeks ive not read a customer get before thatI too attended a launch end of January and was told March then July so I downgraded my order to the accenta premium and now awaiting a June deliveryThere may seem some hostility from those who are waiting and those who walk in and drive away but its nothing personal im sureWe see you guys who have there cars as guinee pigs for us let you guys work the kinks out so we get the updated version
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

welcome to the forum.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

[quote="Donkey"]Welcome PeterIm sure cash buyers are not given preferential treatment, just think Motability customers are just bieng given a short smelly stick lolIn 4 active forums without exception Motability customers all saying exactly the same thing minimum of 12 - 15 weeks ive not read a customer get before thatI too attended a launch end of January and was told March then July so I downgraded my order to the accenta premium and now awaiting a June deliveryThere may seem some hostility from those who are waiting and those who walk in and drive away but its nothing personal im sureWe see you guys who have there cars as guinee pigs for us let you guys work the kinks out so we get the updated version [/QUOTE]
I had not thought of that. Feel better already
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Seems to me that there are a few kinks indeed....and a few disappointments in terms of what the car doesn't have and in some cases what the first brochure said it comes with, but actually doesn't.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
TC3

Post by TC3 »

So far am kink free and in my case no disapointments other than no decent bass from stereo but instead pluses for what I did not know car had when ordering.... like lumber support, unlocking and locking without needing to take out remote, eco status that evaluates your driving as well as keeping a huge smile on my face for 4 days straight
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal