Quick Hello!

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I hadn't heard about the key thing....saw it in another thread but not the detail of what it meant or how it worked.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Eco status?do you get pictures of trees dying and poor small children unhappy the worst you can drive?Nissan may of mucked up with that one, yes we could compete to be responsible and green but im aiming to top charts at other end of scalehope the insurance companies cannot acess this info
TC3

Post by TC3 »

[quote="Donkey"]Eco status?do you get pictures of trees dying and poor small children unhappy the worst you can drive?Nissan may of mucked up with that one, yes we could compete to be responsible and green but im aiming to top charts at other end of scalehope the insurance companies cannot acess this info[/QUOTE]
Eco status keeps track of each drive i think but what it does is give you a score on your driving technique. Basically it shows a bar chart that covers acceleration, braking and cruising if I recall correctly and marks you for how well you have driven economically. Keeps a history I think.
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Seems to work similarly to those black boxes fitted in youngsters cars to get them cheaper insurance. I am not sure if it stores the overall history, because if it does the dealers could see if you have been thrashing the car etc. when you have it serviced, and it could also be a tool for the police if you are involved in an accident or what ever. My last count when I switched off the ignition was 93% so I suppose I must be a plodder. But I am a member of The Institute of Advanced Motorists I suppose this may explain
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

TC3, How bad is the lack of bass?, I have a fairly reasonable system in the CRV with the extra sub-woofer etc, saleman told me the Acenta Premium has a very good system with the 6 speakers.Probably a bit late to be asking now as I'm picking it up in about 90 minutes!
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I found on mine that higher volume the bass is actually fine..but you've got to really kick the volume up.If you listen to it quieter......well lets just say a lot of the time I have the bass at max and the treble down a bit.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Ill aim to get my eco down into 6 figuresWhen I see this accepted in a court of law then ill stop
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Well that should suit me then My kids always complain that it's OK to have my music on loud but I make them turn theirs down!
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Turned mine up today and balanced a bit of fader to rear which seems to give a bit more bass. Too bad there is no bass boost for lower volume but hey ho cant have it all apparently
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Well, I have to be honest and say the stereo is mediocre at best, for a £23,000 car I would have expected a lot better Really poor volume wise and the lack of any real bass even set as you say (which is also what I found to be best) is a huge let down. Even with the treble turned down to around -20% below the mid point there's a huge amount of mid-range that sounds like a cheap 80's music centre. Not going to be happy driving along listening to sub standard audio Can I have my CRV back please?
phaedra2014-03-25 15:34:11