Quick Hello!

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="kramrolyat70"]ohh I'd never notice a screw on my drive as it's just a parking bay...so you don't really approach the car from distance..you're making me want to go and check things now.I did have an issue with the rear door seal coming out..had to pop it back in.[/QUOTE]
The rubber trim on the top rear near side door above the window popped off when my wife caught it with her coat. It is held on with tiny black plastic rivets. I pushed them all back in but it was still not a good fit, so I put some black tiger seal around the rubber which holds it in place. I am also going to do the other side when I have time
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors

kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

[quote="jonceebee"]I did have an issue with the rear door seal coming out..had to pop it back in.The rubber trim on the top rear near side door above the window popped off when my wife caught it with her coat. It is held on with tiny black plastic rivets. I pushed them all back in but it was still not a good fit, so I put some black tiger seal around the rubber which holds it in place. I am also going to do the other side when I have time[/QUOTE]What's Black Tiger Seal when it's at home?
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

[quote="kramrolyat70"][quote="jonceebee"]I did have an issue with the rear door seal coming out..had to pop it back in.The rubber trim on the top rear near side door above the window popped off when my wife caught it with her coat. It is held on with tiny black plastic rivets. I pushed them all back in but it was still not a good fit, so I put some black tiger seal around the rubber which holds it in place. I am also going to do the other side when I have time[/QUOTE]What's Black Tiger Seal when it's at home?[/QUOTE]Ok answered my own question.http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tiger-Seal-TIG- ... B002SQY852
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="Donkey"]Im old enough to remember the BLMC days nothing can be as bad as thatAnyone remeber the 2 year waiting times for the Rover SDI? which lost 80% of its value day you got it and literaly fell apart?Not even going to speak about the Austin aggravation etc[/QUOTE]
Yes you are correct, I maybe insulting modern manufacturing somewhat. I had a Marina and you cannot get much worse than that, I could write all day about the problems encountered. But the best was a neighbour of mine who bought a brand new Triumph Acclaim when he retired, bought to last him his lifetime, some chance, at five years old it was scrapped due to rust virtually eating through every panel
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I had a Marina!!!and you say this just as I read elsewhere a complaint about first gear being a long reach!
Foxy

Post by Foxy »

My dad had an all aggro allegro, drove like a dustbin
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="Foxy"]My dad had an all aggro allegro, drove like a dustbin [/QUOTE]
I had a 1750 SS Allegro, it wasn't a good car my any means, but compared to the Marina it was a classic. The Marina must go down as one of the worst cars ever built. Or should I say thrown together
TC3

Post by TC3 »

My dad had an allegro and he gave it to me after I wrecked my first car. I put a stereo system in it, a vinyl roof which was the in thing at the time, some driving lights and some wheel trims and hey presto this was my chic magnet lol and being the only guy in 6th forum to own my own car I gave countless lifts So ugly cars can still pull

TC32014-03-26 12:04:17
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Sudhir

Post by Sudhir »

All these problems are scaring me, having second thoughts about my Tekna Storm White due to be delivered in June/ July.
2014 Qashqai Tekna Dci Storm White.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="Sudhir"]All these problems are scaring me, having second thoughts about my Tekna Storm White due to be delivered in June/ July. [/QUOTE]
Nothing to worry about, they are trivial items that are soon overcome. The driving experience makes up for the niggles and I am pretty sure Nissan will have these all put right before long. It is a far better car than most of the competition