Quick Hello!

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
TC3

Post by TC3 »

[quote="Sudhir"]All these problems are scaring me, having second thoughts about my Tekna Storm White due to be delivered in June/ July. [/QUOTE]
Dont be having 2nd thoughts as this car is real nice motor
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Sudhir

Post by Sudhir »

Yes I agree it was good to drive but was puzzled by Phaedra's 19 mile review about the cruising is not up to mark to his current CRV. I recently tried Kia Ceed (diesel) and tried to move to 4th Gear on 30MPH speed which the dealer said not to do as the car will not cope. I drive a 2002 Petrol 2.0 l Passat which cruises fine at 30MPH on 4th or 5th gear.One thing it definitely needs is a sub woofer.
2014 Qashqai Tekna Dci Storm White.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I had a 2004 2.0 Passat and although it would drive at this speed in 4th or 5th. there was no pull away at speed, you had to drop down to 3rd. My 1.2 petrol Passat will still go at 30mph in 4th or 5th ok in a similar manner but again to get away you need to drop down to 3rd so I can't see the problem.Having six gears always makes changing up/down more regular, but I can honestly say the 1.2 petrol is more than adequate in most situations.I can't comment on the sub-woofer as I am not too concerned about having loud music booming away in my car or understand the obsession with massive bass. Perhaps is my age and my hearing that makes too much bass sound offensive. I have a Bose system at home and find on that the bass is to intrusive and actually spoils the sound.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Sudhir

Post by Sudhir »

During the test drive I thought the sound was very flat from the speakers. It was not the true reflection of the original recording of song. I tried FM as well as DAB and at both times the sound was flat. I am not talking about loud music with window down, but some amount of bass adds melody to music or even speech. Also agree with the gear change to pull out on Passat.
Sudhir2014-03-26 13:55:33
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I take your point on the bass sound, and it is a fact that when you reach my age your hearing changes and bass sound prevails as a norm, so too much is too much for us.The QQ sound is at best only average so if you need more bass go down the route you suggest, I was not enrolling you into the baseball cap, window open Corsa brigade.As I said earlier stick with the QQ you won't be disappointed and the few niggles will have been resolved by then.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Sudhir

Post by Sudhir »

Thanks jonceebeeI am not young either (I am 36 years old) and sometimes hate full bass.Also I am going to stick with QQ unless there is a big problem found in the car before I take my delivery. As I have ordered via online broker I am hopefully protected by Distant Selling Act - the broker charges which will be deducted from my deposit if I decide to cancel.
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I have to just add a bit here.Personally speaking I have no issues with the gears. To put that in perspective I have had many "sporty" saloon cars and raced motor cycles for 9 years of my life.Cars gears are not meant to be measured by what they do at a certain speed in my opinion. You change gear when the engine requires it not when you reach a certain MPH.The car does need changing from 1st to 2nd pretty quickly....but it can be pushed and it can be pushed hard and extended.After that you change when the pull on the engine requires it.I have no issues with cruising or the pull from 60 upwards, in the right gear on the motorway etc. I'd even suggest that the torgue is pretty decent in my 1.5 pulling well from what I would consider a low speed in top gear.Yes there are other niggles..but they are just that..teething problems with a totally brand new car...If you read the forum carefully you will also notice that a few of those only seem to exist for us who received the car early.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
Sudhir

Post by Sudhir »

Hope Nissan read / listen to customers comments and sort out the issues for old and new QQ owners.
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

[quote="kramrolyat70"]I have to just add a bit here.Personally speaking I have no issues with the gears. To put that in perspective I have had many "sporty" saloon cars and raced motor cycles for 9 years of my life.Cars gears are not meant to be measured by what they do at a certain speed in my opinion. You change gear when the engine requires it not when you reach a certain MPH.The car does need changing from 1st to 2nd pretty quickly....but it can be pushed and it can be pushed hard and extended.After that you change when the pull on the engine requires it.I have no issues with cruising or the pull from 60 upwards, in the right gear on the motorway etc. I'd even suggest that the torgue is pretty decent in my 1.5 pulling well from what I would consider a low speed in top gear.Yes there are other niggles..but they are just that..teething problems with a totally brand new car...If you read the forum carefully you will also notice that a few of those only seem to exist for us who received the car early.[/QUOTE]
Buying any new car poses exactly the same problems. I've bought a few, some worse than others that is unfortunately what happens when you are an early adopter.
Current Cars: QQ 1.5 DCi Tekna, Maserati 3200GT, Mini Cooper S