New here and which QQ and Convince!

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Thrillofit

Post by Thrillofit »

AndyM wrote:We have a 1.2 and drive mainly around our local town, our average fuel consumption is showing at 39.8m.p.g.
this is pretty much what we get all the time,on a good run it can go up to about 46m.p.g. In Eco mode.
Not amazing,but is way better than the 23m.p.g. we got from our previous motor.
As for the drive it is quite a big car being pushed by a 1.2 engine but once you get over the fact that it isn't a 2 litre car,it gets up and goes very well and you will be more than happy with the performance,with the turbo it has just as good if not better performance than the old 1.6 litre non turbo petrol engine it replaced.
Oh thats pretty good. We currently have a car that is at this moment around 18 mpg which is a quite different between 40 mpg and 18. On the economy side. I think I need to try the turbo. Do you like feel "pushed" back when you stomp full gas?

Gel wrote:You may find he gets one of these on E Bay :(

Hahhaah that car is pretty popular in Poland

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

You could probably find a link here to get a test drive for your pa!
http://www.nissan.se/SE/sv/vehicle/cros ... tions.html
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Thrillofit

Post by Thrillofit »

Gel wrote:You could probably find a link here to get a test drive for your pa!
http://www.nissan.se/SE/sv/vehicle/cros ... tions.html

Thank you pal! I will check them out. They are more expensive in Nissan sale than a car seller. I dont know whats the difference but yeah. Shouldnt be any!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gel, you have picked a Car the "Trabant" that was very popular during the time the Berlin Wall was erected because of the East Berlin (DDR) conflict with the West and they are still around and very popular. You should have recommended a Racing Version for Thrillofit's Dad he would most probably enjoy that. :)
Gel, now if you have some time pop over to Berlin as you can hire one for 4 hours @ €180 but it is not a nice drive though. :D - Dave

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Post by 298 »

At least with a Trabby you know what you're going to get. I believe I brought the wrong car at the wrong time, one counter argument is allmodern cars have been scrimped on with cost and quality, but coupling that with the appearance that the QQ has been rushed into the market has resulted in its obviously poor standing in reliability surveys.
2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium in Gunmetal Grey.
Thrillofit

Post by Thrillofit »

298 wrote:At least with a Trabby you know what you're going to get. I believe I brought the wrong car at the wrong time, one counter argument is allmodern cars have been scrimped on with cost and quality, but coupling that with the appearance that the QQ has been rushed into the market has resulted in its obviously poor standing in reliability surveys.
Correct me if i'm wrong but you are saying that I shouldn't buy the QQ?

Post by 298 »

Thrillofit wrote:
298 wrote:At least with a Trabby you know what you're going to get. I believe I brought the wrong car at the wrong time, one counter argument is allmodern cars have been scrimped on with cost and quality, but coupling that with the appearance that the QQ has been rushed into the market has resulted in its obviously poor standing in reliability surveys.
Ultimately It's your decision or influence and there are good and bad cars (lemons) from all manufacturers, but personally speaking I can't recommend the QQ- there are too many things that could be better and mine hasn't been as reliable as I perceive a Japanese car should be.

But based on what you wrote in your first post, how's about considering a Leaf...?
2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium in Gunmetal Grey.
Thrillofit

Post by Thrillofit »

298 wrote:
Thrillofit wrote:
Ultimately It's your decision or influence and there are good and bad cars (lemons) from all manufacturers, but personally speaking I can't recommend the QQ- there are too many things that could be better and mine hasn't been as reliable as I perceive a Japanese car should be.

But based on what you wrote in your first post, how's about considering a Leaf...?
Ohh. Now im quite surprised that I got this. I check the Leaf and it wasn't something I was looking for. I'm now looking into Honda CR-V 2015. Looks pretty similar to QQ
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Longer...
Higher insurance group...
Higher emissions...
Higher cost...
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Thrillofit

Post by Thrillofit »

gloucester wrote:Longer...
Higher insurance group...
Higher emissions...
Higher cost...
The Honda you mean?