Potential new owner

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Hello boys and girls

Currently a Juke owner on a 3 year PCP deal from Westway Nissan in Stockport.
Considering upgrading to a QQ when it comes to changing and registered on here to do some research.

Mike
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)

Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

I have found some threads.
Some think the car is good , some not so good.

For me , the car has some short comings and some disappointments for a car costing the same a Junior German car money

Recommend you get a heated screen , Bi LED headlamps plus what ever other toys you like.

Diesel is economical and quiet and good for the motorway , Petrol better around town
Oct 2016 - Qashqai 1.5DCi N - Connecta - Pearl Black Metallic
Aug 2016 - Qashqai 1.2 DID-T Acenta with Premium Pack - Gun Metallic Grey
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Cheers, coupe
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
switchback

Post by switchback »

Coupe racing wrote:
For me , the car has some short comings and some disappointments for a car costing the same a Junior German car money
Is that the price before adding all the extras to come up to the same spec as the Qashqai?
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

Just talking circa £30k
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Coupe racing, what actual car are you refering too when you mention a "Junior German Car", personally I agree with the comment from switchback. If you start looking around at "German" cars you normally find that the Basic cost is high but when you start looking at the options like on the QQ then the Basic price is an open end especially out here. We could have bought an Audi, BMW, MB, VW but value for money we choose the QQ. Naturally some members might disagree ! - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just to confirm my point with regard to Costs these are some comparisons just for interest from the UK "Car Buyer" on SUV's similiar size to the QQ - Dave ;)

Nissan QQ £18545 > £29390
Audi Q3 £26150 > £49185
BMW X1 £27850 > 37130
MB GLA £25260 > £36450
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Hi and welcome. The car had some issues but so do all cars. It's a good value car fully loaded. You should also be able to achieve astound £3,500 plus off list price.
The main problem is the way that dealers handle things. My one problem got sorted out but the dealer didn't handle it very well. So for me Nissan can be more problematical than the car !

Lots of good stuff on hear
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

All I did was make a comment that's all .

Junior car money - however I didn't stand to compare like specifications etc - just the fact that Nissan CLAIM to produce a quality car , and a nice German car - regardless of equipment levels is much better built , is a quality car , and has a better warranty etc.

Is there really a need to nit pick and analyse over every comment ?

I for one won't be getting another , but was drawn by the claims of good build quality and dealer back up .
Yes I have had a string of very good new Fords , and even better new BMW's , but this car is a disappointment.
To date I have driven 4 brand new Qashqai - and all of them exhibit the same rattles , squeaks and vibrations etc.
Is this quality ?
Not in my book , but Nissan just keep building the same problems blindly into each and every car.
I'm going to leave you guys to your forum , but all I have tried to do is assist with problems and share opinions.

Thank you
switchback

Post by switchback »

Coupe racing wrote: just the fact that Nissan CLAIM to produce a quality car , and a nice German car - regardless of equipment levels is much better built , is a quality car , and has a better warranty etc.
Are you sure?

2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.