Waiting delivery

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
ABRAM

Post by ABRAM »

daddydoug wrote:Hi Abram

How uncanny. I too have been a Vauxhall man for many years, and my last car was a 2012 Astra Elite 2.0CDTi auto! It was a lovely car and I really was unsure about getting rid of it, but after a lot of research and test driving, also plumped for a Qashqai Tekna 1.6 CVT. I have had my Qashqai since June 2016 and haven't been disappointed. It obviously doesn't quite have the same instant acceleration as the Astra, but is pretty quick none the less and the gadgetry is superb. The only thing I personally say is that the heated seats are not so quick at getting your bum warm as the Astra's were. I also had a torrid bad time with the Nissan dealer with a catalogue of complaints, but must confess after speaking with the franchises CEO were all sorted. Previously I had dealt with the same Vauxhall garage for all my Vauxhall purchases, and their customer service was fantastic.

You won't be disappointed with your new Qashqai (I hope), and it will be good to hear your comments about your Nissan experience over Vauxhall.

All the best

Doug
Thanks Doug, I have used 2 local Vauxhall dealers and was not to happy with the service desk people at both on a few occasions but overall a good experience. The only issue I ever had with the Sales person was when I bought this last Astra where an item I specifically asked for as an extra was not on the car when I recieved it despite her telling me at the time that it was now standard and therfore no need to order as an extra. Only a small thing but it irritated me.
When I took a test drive in the QQ I was satisfied with the acceleration but, as you say, it will probably not have quite the same oomph but the other benefits will far outweigh this I think.
The dealer I am using comes recommended by a couple of ex work colleagues so hopefully will not have the same experience that you did.
All will be revealed in the due fullness of time, I will let you know :D
2017 QQ Tekna 1.6 DCi Xtronic- Gunmetal with Panoramic Roof

ABRAM

Post by ABRAM »

Just had a call from the dealer, delivery of our new QQ has now been put back until 8th march, but is confirmed on transport. So now we wiil have to wait another 4 days to collect. Pick up now on Friday 10th.
I was counting the days, but now will have to add to the count instead of removing each day. :( :(
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

ABRAM, a few more days will go quickly before you can climb in it :lol: . But it gives you the chance to sit down with a cold Beer and plan your actions on the QQ if any or just read up on the QQ "Toys" - website or youtube - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
ABRAM

Post by ABRAM »

Only joking, a few days will pass quickly :D :D :D
ABRAM

Post by ABRAM »

Well, tomorrow is the day, pick up our new QQ Tekna at 1:30pm.
Chorley Nissan here we come.
It has seemed a long wait but it will be worth it, I will post about our first experience tomorrow
:) :)
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Good luck tomorrow hope pick up goes well. Remember to check the safety kit (triangle, vest etc) is in the boot. Mine was missing a quick trip back sorted it !
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
ABRAM

Post by ABRAM »

Thanks, never thought of checking for the safety kit!
To concerned with actually getting the vehicle, but I will check now.
vyper1

Post by vyper1 »

Not long to go now and you'll be happy motoring, I too have come from Vauxhall to Nissan and like Doug the only thing I truly miss is the heated seats in the Astra. They had 3 settings and even on the coldest of days the 1st setting was sufficient and you had nice warm bum in seconds but on the QQ I can have it on high and practically finish my journey before I even feel anything. I'm on my 3rd vehicle now from Chorley Nissan and for me they have dealt with all my issues in a remarkably professional and friendly manner so I personally cannot complain. When you collect and do your inspection make sure you check you get everything you're supposed to, as I know when I collected mine I was also missing the safety kit which I had got in the previous QQ. When I mentioned it he at first said they now don't come with them but he walked over to the service desk and got one from the store room.

Again, happy motoring and make sure you post some pics :)
New: 2017 1.6T Tekna same as below but Pearl Black, Hood Deflector, Sill Protectors
Old: 2015 1.2T Tekna, Gun Metallic, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Front Lip finisher, Rear Glass Finisher, Trunk Lower Finisher, Door Sill Strips, Mirror Trims, Mud Flaps.
ABRAM

Post by ABRAM »

Picked up the new QQ on Friday and have been setting up all the presets, no problems at all with the handover and had a call this morning from Chorley Nissan asking if all was going well.
Put all our bits and bobs in the storage areas today too,
Delighted with it and tried the park assist yesterday- a bit disconcerting but its just a matter of getting used to it. Probably only use it in a tight spot but need to get used to it before we graduate to that!.
Only small niggle is an intermittent vibration from somewhere in the dash area, but seems to be improving so will monitor it in next few days.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Abram, good to hear you got your QQ and are pleased with it just go out and enjoy your time with it. If you have problems use the Dealer & Guarantee before playing with it - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken