Hello and Pre-purchase advice.

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 4390

Post by Deleted User 4390 »

Hello,

Newbie here, looking to join the Qashqai craze, I'm looking at a 2014 1.6 Diesel Auto Tekna,1 owner, FSH with 16k miles in a few days, and whilst looking at this forum it made me wonder if there Is there a list or can anyone suggest some points to lookout for when viewing a second hand Qashqai?

From reading on here already Im already going to check the service history to see if its had any CVT issues, with that mileage I'm expecting they are the original continental tyres how many miles do they normally (average) last for?

Any other points?

Thank you!

Damian

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Possibly still the original continentals on the rear but very unlikely to be originals on the front.
MartinsQasqhai
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MartinsQasqhai »

I have an April 2015 1.6dci manual NTec+ which I have done 33,000 miles in since new. The front tyres are at most 75% worn, the rears approx 50% (all Continentals). That was verified by the ATS garage I have taken my cars to for the last 14 years. I had taken it in as I was considering putting a set of Michelin Cross Climates on, but decided against it as there is so much wear left on them.

That rate of wear is due in part to the fact that the majority of my mileage is on motorways. It is reasonable to assume that a three year old vehicle with only 16000 miles has probably done most of its mileage on non-motorways, so will have a greater rate of wear. Nevertheless, I would think it is very likely that the tyres are the originals.

I can't think of anything else to advise you of. I am satisfied with my car, it is not the most exciting vehicle I have ever driven but very competent at what it does. The lifetime average so far is 56mpg and I don't hang about. Worth checking the paintwork as I find it scratches very easily, but no sign of rust.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

MartinsQasqhai wrote:I have an April 2015 1.6dci manual NTec+ which I have done 33,000 miles in since new. The front tyres are at most 75% worn, the rears approx 50% (all Continentals). That was verified by the ATS garage I have taken my cars to for the last 14 years. I had taken it in as I was considering putting a set of Michelin Cross Climates on, but decided against it as there is so much wear left on them.

That rate of wear is due in part to the fact that the majority of my mileage is on motorways. It is reasonable to assume that a three year old vehicle with only 16000 miles has probably done most of its mileage on non-motorways, so will have a greater rate of wear. Nevertheless, I would think it is very likely that the tyres are the originals.

I can't think of anything else to advise you of. I am satisfied with my car, it is not the most exciting vehicle I have ever driven but very competent at what it does. The lifetime average so far is 56mpg and I don't hang about. Worth checking the paintwork as I find it scratches very easily, but no sign of rust.
I fully understand your comment about motorway mileage wearing the tyres less than town driving as it does make a difference. My only issue would be your lifetime average mpg of around 56. Im achieving that just running around town with the odd short motorway run once or twice a month, with an average annual mileage of around 8500. With the mileage your doing I would expect an average of certainly in the high 60's, if not more.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

gvmdaddy, i think you missed the part where Martin says, "I don't hang about".
gvmdaddy wrote:
MartinsQasqhai wrote:I have an April 2015 1.6dci manual NTec+ which I have done 33,000 miles in since new. The front tyres are at most 75% worn, the rears approx 50% (all Continentals). That was verified by the ATS garage I have taken my cars to for the last 14 years. I had taken it in as I was considering putting a set of Michelin Cross Climates on, but decided against it as there is so much wear left on them.

I fully understand your comment about motorway mileage wearing the tyres less than town driving as it does make a difference. My only issue would be your lifetime average mpg of around 56. Im achieving that just running around town with the odd short motorway run once or twice a month, with an average annual mileage of around 8500. With the mileage your doing I would expect an average of certainly in the high 60's, if not more.
Deleted User 4390

Many thanks MartinsQasqhai,

It must be my complete unfounded distrust in car dealers , as I'm happy with the car, the mileage, the history everything, although I haven't actually seen it yet.
Its the price, which seems to be to good! , which immediately makes me think something is wrong. Or they are not telling me something, so I'm just trying to do a bit of research first. I'll have the entire Tekna specification to hand so ill go through it carefully when i get there.

It actually going to be the primary family wagon so the fact its a very competent vehicle makes it the right choice.
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

I don't think that the service history will show anything other than the fact it has been serviced.

Have you seen this review ?
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/qas ... qai-review

Cross check the price quoted against the numbers in Auto Trader
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Damian, you might like to take a look at this previous Post or play around with the "Search" Facility Top LH Corner - Dave ;)
Welcome to the Forum by the way !

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4730&p=43390&hilit ... ice#p43390
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 4390

MikeGC wrote:I don't think that the service history will show anything other than the fact it has been serviced.

Have you seen this review ?
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/qas ... qai-review

Cross check the price quoted against the numbers in Auto Trader

Really useful article, I hadn't read that so thanks.
Deleted User 4390

DaveBerlin wrote:Damian, you might like to take a look at this previous Post or play around with the "Search" Facility Top LH Corner - Dave ;)
Welcome to the Forum by the way !

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4730&p=43390&hilit ... ice#p43390

Will do! Thanks for the nod!