Voice activation and windows.

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hi and hello to all. I have just recently purchased a Qashqai 1.6 n connecta diesel 2017. I am wondering how you use hands free for the phone. It seems that you can answer a call but not call out without using the dials to scroll through your contacts. A bit dangerous if you ask me. When you use the phone on the steering wheel it says voice activation enabled but doesn't seem to do anything.
Àlso is there a way you can close the windows when locking the car. I use to do this on my astra by holding the lock down on the fob. Thanks.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mongoose, welcome to the Forum please try using the "Search" facility ;)
I use the "Hands Off " System all of the time by just pressing the Button on the RH side of the wheel (phone up) for a few seconds then you hear a Beep and you just speak to Siri using your contact phone data "Call Home" etc.... to end press the Button (phone down). For me it functions great, this might help :

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1775&p=27411&hilit=Siri#p19623

The only way at present to close the windows is manually before exiting or get hold of a conversion Kit. The new 2017 Facelift J11B should have this function on the Key - I hope this is of some help Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

In addition to Dave's comment above, using Siri on an IPhone, you can also dictate and send a text message and read incoming texts as well.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Thanks for that. I use a Samsung s6 but don't know how to set it up for voice recognition for the car. If I play with the buttons on the steering wheel it sometimes says voice recognition active but that is as far as I get. I don't get a beep at all.
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

The iphone I believe connects through a cable - normal phones connect via bluetooth. Forget the buttons on the wheel and just use the "OK Google" command - if your phone is charging it should cut in even if the screen is off without pressing anything
Username:

Post by Username: »

i press the phone button on the steering wheel when it says voice recongnition active just say phone *name* and it should ring the number you have said i use iphone and no cable needed,and if you get a text its the same thing but say read last text message
only dead fish go with the flow.
2016 QASHQAI BLACK EDITION
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

rod9669, we have iPhones and both work perfectly for sending or receiving calls using the Steering Wheel Buttons and Siri without a cable but through Bluetooth, my iPhone is always in my pocket for instance - Dave ;)

IMG_2028.PNG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hi and thanks for all the response. after all of them i am non the wiser. i would like to explain my problem again. i do not have an iPhone so do not have Siri. i am using a Samsung S6 which by the way has S voice on it. When i press the phone button on the steering wheel it shows Samsung S6, if hold the button again for a bit, i get the message Voice Recognition Activated. after this nothing else, even if i say contacts or phone ?? nothing. is there anybody out there in Qashqai land that can put an end to my misery. Thanks.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Download and install Google Now Launcher from Playstore, then try again pressing and holding the call activation button for 2 or 3 seconds until you hear a beep. This should work.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

ok will give it a try