First Time Nissan Owner

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Holloway

Post by Holloway »

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums and new to Nissan in general.

I recently bought a 2014 1.2 Tekna. Overall I love the car, there's been a few little problems with it in the few weeks I've owned it, it's in at Nissan today for two recalls, a software update and a rattling noise.

Looking forward to having a look around the forum :)

Dave

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Hi Dave,

Welcome
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Dave, welcome to the QQ Forum. We also have the same model and yes there has been problems with the QQ but we just badger the Dealer and get it all done under the Nissan Guarantee, that is what it for. Personally we like and enjoy the QQ.
Just a Tip if you have any questions please try to use the "Search" Facility as there is a vast amount of data there before asking, this helps to keep re- venting the wheel ! - Regards Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I don't have any statistics to back this up, but i have a feeling the later QQ's are more reliable. Mine was registered May 2016 and apart from 1 wheel that has corroded the car has been quite excellent for the money, I paid £22k brand new from Motorpoint.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I've had my 2 front wheels replaced under guarantee too (something happening under the lacquer in small areas), apart from 4 sets of roof rail end caps.
Keeping close eye on rear as guarantee runs out this month.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

welcome to the forum lots of good advice out there keep a check on your oil and water and enjoy
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
Holloway

Post by Holloway »

Thanks for the welcome guys :)

Just picked the QQ up from Nissan, they done two recalls and determined that the rattle was the timing chain tensioner, which I have to take it back in June and leave it with them for two days.

I would ideally not drive it any longer until that work was done but the earliest they can do it is early June.

Not the best start to my Nissan ownership but hopefully once It's sorted I'll be able to enjoy it more.