Shark fin aerial

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Silverback60

Post by Silverback60 »

Good afternoon,
Newby to the qashqai,just a quick question,
Got the new qashqai 1.5 dci tekna can anyone please tell me if the shark fin aerial is fitted to my qashqai or is it supposed to be the short stubby one?? Many thanks silverback60!!

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Stubby stick.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Shark fin may hinder DAB performance if fitted.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

Post by alter »

Hi. Here in Norway is offered as an option by dealer, but I assume there is no problems so far it is an original Nissan item. FM is supposed to be completely turned off in Norway by Q4 2017. No sense if they offer the antenna without fully working conditions. Specially with the 5 years guarantee Nissan offers, and the government regulated option of driving the car 1000km when new, and return it back with full refund, if you don't feel satisfied with it, no matter the reason.
Qashqai Tekna 1.6 4x4 gunmetal
Gel

Post by Gel »

New model QQ the J11B has a Shark Fin as standard, and you'll find various threads here on people wanting to fit a Shark Fin in place of stubby. Majority on after market don't seem DAB capable; Dave Berlin here went to a lot of trouble to source a suitable one, and may well chip in to discussion.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

Post by alter »

I agree completely Gel. After market ones haven't been good enough here in Norway either. But dealer installed work without any problems and they installed them with 1 year warranty as all dealer installed parts. I haven't installed one since 3000kr (ca. 300 pounds) for it is not worth it
Qashqai Tekna 1.6 4x4 gunmetal
Silverback60

Post by Silverback60 »

Silverback60 wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 1:21 pm Good afternoon,
Newby to the qashqai,just a quick question,
Got the new qashqai 1.5 dci tekna can anyone please tell me if the shark fin aerial is fitted to my qashqai or is it supposed to be the short stubby one?? Many thanks silverback60!!
Just say thanks to everyone who replied!! Again many thanks!!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gel, glad to chip in with my two penneth. Alter could well be correct that Nissan (inc 1year Guarantee) have an option because at that price it is either a "Special" developed by the Dealer or an original Nissan OEM part from another country. As mentioned before our Dealer knocked up a "Special" for me but the cost was way too high (parts / Labour etc) and then there was a problem with FM, so it was then stopped. I mean if Duncho could also not overcome this problem then there is a problem. :D
From what I know at present Nissan do not offer a DAB Compatible Shark Fin Antenna. All of their Auto Brochures state in small print "Not DAB Compatible", but as mentioned the new "J11B" will have a DAB Antenna.
Because we liked the "Shark Fin" we bought one from Canada (not DAB) Village Garages, and after testing it here in Berlin DAB worked and it still works satisfactory for us - Dave ;)
Silverback60, if you have a small Antenna it could well be a Shark Fin but there is a larger assortment on offer which are basically empty shells. Could you post a pic of the Antenna as this should then clear your question - Thanks !
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
BeatSonic

Post by BeatSonic »

Nissan Shark Fin from Beat-Sonic available on Amazon EU.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_no ... +shark+fin

Unfortunately it is not DAB compatible though.

Nissan-Qashqai-4 (1).jpg

andymanone

Post by andymanone »

Hi guys, I bought two cheapish shark fins, took the inner copper loop out of one then doubled it up on the other,fitted and dab works fine. Takes a few seconds to load but had no problems so far. It’s probbaly just luck though 🤔