New to Forum / Red Engine Light

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
dawesy
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by dawesy »

Hello everyone,

New to this forum and the Qashqai - bought a 2009 1.5 dci NTEC in March this year, 124,000 with full main dealer service history; one previous owner and immaculate in and out. Very pleased with it! Previously owned a Micra from new and was also very happy. Have been doing lots of London commuting and also motorway miles to Dorset and back for family reasons in the last couple of months. Looking forward to being part of the community.

My initial searches on the forum will be for information on this issue: red engine light came on during motorway use, 3000rpm, 75 mph (no really), 6th gear, bit of gas to get round a truck on A34 but engine sputtered, no acceleration, red engine light on, entered what I describe as a 'low power mode', 2000rpm and 60mph max. Pulled over, switched engine off, then on, then off-on again, light cleared and normal driving commenced. Local garage thought the best diagnostic technique was to buy one part at a time based on 'best guess' approach. Claimed it was water in fuel filter, replaced it, problem occurred on next A34 trip. Claimed it was turbo related and started buying parts... at which point I told them where to get off. Turns out their 'diagnostic equipment is broken' ??!! Going back to a trusted garage start of next week but am wondering what on earth and how much this bill will be. And what is this obd reader and touchscan app? If anyone knows of existing posts that would be appreciated.

Thanks for now!

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Dawesy, go to Google & search for "Blue tooth OBD reader".
dawesy
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by dawesy »

Thanks Daewar, ordered one today :)