Potential new QQ owner - moving from Audi

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Bucksnewbie
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Bucksnewbie »

Hello everyone!

I've currently got an Audi S5 cabriolet (3L V6 petrol) which id a fantastic car, but now now suited to the driving I do (increased mileage for work and lots of bumpy B roads!), so I am looking to change in the next couple of months. My short list is as follows;
- New shape QQ; Tekna or Tekna+ trim, automatic, 1.6D, 160bhp
- New shape Mazda CX-5 (due for release end of June)
- Current shape VW Tiguan

I'm leaning more towards the QQ and CX-5 as you seem to get a lot of 'spec' for similar money. I know people rave about German build-quality, but I also like lots of 'gadgets' in my cars ....

I've got some questions I'm hoping you will be able to answer for me, based on running costs. I realise answers will be based on the current model, but I don't see the new model being significantly different in running costs;

(1) current extended warranty cost per year for the top level of cover with no excess? I've always paid for extended warranty on my current Audi and previous BMW so intend to do the same with the new car. I know the new cars will come with some sort of extended warranty 'deal' but I'd like to know the annual cost beyond that.

(2) servicing frequency and costs for minor / major services?

(3) tyres (19"); what perform best and last longest? I get about 10k miles on my current Michelin PS2s, and pay about £230 per tyre so really hoping Qashqai will be less expensive.

(4) oil consumption? I'm currently using 1L every 1,100 miles (within normal range for my car) 🙄

Any other costs to consider please?

Many thanks :)

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

RESPONSES:

1/ Nissan dealers offer extended service plans (Year 4 and beyond); you'll need to speak to your selected dealer,
as I believe it's dealer who sets price.
There are others in market place offered by 3rd parties such as Quentin Wilson's company.

Nissan do offer a 3 year service plan via the dealer, as I had; cost around £300 so is good value.
https://www.nissanretail.co.uk/service- ... ice-plans/

On 2 it's a minor year 1, major year 2, minor year 3 etc; cost below.
Had this post card in mail on Friday, after I'd just got back from dealer for my 3rd service.
Not sure if Audi charge for s/ware updates; I know some German marques do.

Nissan care.JPG

3/ 19" are quite expensive; see here: http://www.asdatyres.co.uk/225-45-19
but may be less than you've paid before :) I'm on 12k and still have 3-5mm on my Conti Sports
as supplied from new.

4/ Others with 1.6 engines may chip in; my 1.5dci uses hardly any; there have been some usage issues with
1.2 petrol models; only on some.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

As you want an automatic, my personal opinion is that I would avoid the Nissan/Jatco automatic CVT transmission fitted to the Qashqai like the plague.
The Mazda will be far more expensive and on a par with the Honda CRV [which would be my choice with auto transmission] but the Mazda would be my choice out of your list.

You can probably tell that I have no brand loyalty whatsoever. I like my family's Qashqai 1.5 diesel manual transmission model very much and it is refined, comfortable and economical both to buy and run.
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

I had the Mazda on my list and was impressed with the overall quality, it was a close run thing but the QQ got the vote due to it's driver and passenger comfort.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Qashpad

Post by Qashpad »

I have a Qashqai Tekna about 3 months old. I have come from an automatic Mercedes and suggest you try the Tekna with the CVT gearbox.
It is as smooth as the merc and has apparent gear changes like a normal box.
Far different to the earlier CVT box
So pleased with the car.
If you are buying new take one for a test drive. Really good deals being offered
A really impressive car for the money
2019 Tekna+ , white 160 hp 1.3 litre with DCT auto box