Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
storagehunter
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by storagehunter »

Hi there I am new to the forum and getting to my wits end I noticed on here a lot of issues regarding the 1.2 DIG-T which I currently own over the last 14 months burned oil poor fuel consumption back and forward to Dealer etc cost me a lot of money January engine remapped told to bring back after 3K miles
Checked end of march diagnosed as new piston rings then short engine replacement after a long wait now diagnosed full engine replacement due to cams being damaged engine not due to arrive till 25th July at least, vehicle been in garage since 26th April Has anyone experienced similar did anyone receive compensation I have been paying over the last 3 months Finance charges Insurance Vehicle Tax loss of warranty and so much messing around its affected my life and business although I would hate for people to have had the same or worse would welcome any feedback

david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

You have come to the right place ....key in 1.2 dig....oil loss for advice .david
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Probably best keeping this in the oil loss thread... however I did receive something for my troubles after much pushing quite hard and making a post on the facebook page, but it was only when I traded the heap of junk (AKA Qashqai!) in for a Pulsar 1.6DIG-T.

Your sales contract is with the dealer, so you need to be discussing the situation with them, and not Nissan directly. As the car is under finance, you can also use them (although you will need to push), and if you used your credit card at any point you can also leverage section 75. They have gone beyond what is reasonable for a repair now really. Money Saving Expert recently updated their pages on this so worth a good reading up about it but I warn you now, its going to be a long a bumpy road what ever road you decide to go down.

My route was simply trade in the car and replace it with a new one, however my car was a runner but the shear number of problems with it had me exhausted and frustrated. This was the quickest path for me and I was quite fortunate that I found the Pulsar, in roughly the right spec and it didn't cost me a huge amount more (trade in was £11500, Pulsar was something like £13,600, 9 months old with 500 miles on the clock)