New to forum and owner of 2016 Black edition 1.5DCi

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Mad Maru
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Mad Maru »

Hi everyone, new to the forum after many years of various Nissan ownership I have gone SUV and into my second DCi after my N16 DCi. Previous cars have been Nissan Primera's, Micra's Almera's.

I won't bore you with images of previous cars just yet will throw up a few of new one then maybe a few of the others.

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mad Muru, Nice "Black is Beautiful" when clean. We have had a Micra, Note, Juke all Black and all looked nice with additional Chrome Parts and I also do like clean cars, hence now a White One. Enjoy your time with your new QQ - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Rob74

Post by Rob74 »

Very nice looking QQ what does the black edition have above/different to the Tekna?

2017 1.5dci Tekna ink blue
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

19 inch black lbiscus alloys ...glass roof...front and rear staying plates...plearl black metallic paint...entry guards...
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Sorry .....styling plates. And think 1 choice of engine. 1 5 diesel manual only
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
Rob74

Post by Rob74 »

david sunderland wrote:19 inch black lbiscus alloys ...glass roof...front and rear staying plates...plearl black metallic paint...entry guards...
I do like the wheels imo they look so much better than the tekna ones, if ours wasn't a motability car I'd have the wheels powder coated in black or anthracite.
2017 1.5dci Tekna ink blue
Mad Maru

Post by Mad Maru »

So since purchase a few things have been bought for the car and fitted also. I can say she feels more like my car and hopefully a few more bits will finish the look I am wanting for her.

Now the first to arrive was this lovely Dashboard cover/mat

Before

After

Now it's claimed to help reduce the overall temperature within the car when parked up and so far it's been much cooler when getting back to the car then previously.

This was followed by chrome effect wind deflectors for all four windows.

During installation

Finished

More to come...

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

With my dashcam picking up the dash's reflection in the windscreen, I considered a dashboard mat, but wasn't sure about the quality of any I saw for sale from PRC. Yours looks quite good though. I also have those chrome-trimmed deflectors but have never fitted them - mine have metal clips stuck under the 3M tape which would be visible when the deflectors were attached, and may interfere with the door seal. Without any instructions included, I wasn't sure whether the deflectors would satisfactorily attach by tape alone.

HTB.jpg

Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Mad Maru

Post by Mad Maru »

Hound wrote:With my dashcam picking up the dash's reflection in the windscreen, I considered a dashboard mat, but wasn't sure about the quality of any I saw for sale from PRC. Yours looks quite good though. I also have those chrome-trimmed deflectors but have never fitted them - mine have metal clips stuck under the 3M tape which would be visible when the deflectors were attached, and may interfere with the door seal. Without any instructions included, I wasn't sure whether the deflectors would satisfactorily attach by tape alone.
HTB.jpg
Hi Hound,

My deflectors are only stuck on and tape after install is a must to ensure the contact remains constant. No clips I could see on mine when installed and I'm most happy with them I didn't open the windows till these were fitted. The only time I've seen clips is on oem versions and that allows the clip to sit in the door between rubber & door plus they are then stuck to exterior of doors. Please remember to clean adhesive areas with spirits

As for the mat I'm very happy with it I can send you the link was under £20 and I even requested extra Velcro which they sent along with my second order from them but not fitted those bits yet so will wait till fitted and pics taken. Hoping to fit my dash cam shortly just had to sort another install first.