2013 Qashqai Techna + 2...no rear aircon !

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Trevsqashqai
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Trevsqashqai »

Hi Guys

Trying to get the dogs cool in the back means that us in the front freeze !

Looking on here the seems to be some talk of a Russia mod but prices quoted were 600 Euroa !

For a £10 tenner you can have a solution !

I couldnt believe that on a seven seater there was no rear heating / cooling so have come up with this fix as we are off to South West France with the dogs in a couple of weeks.

On amazon you can get a Henry Hoover hose extension that is 5 metres long for £10....this fits perfectly over either the central round vents or the drivers side / passenger side round vent and then can be routed under the front seat and then round the edge of the back seat with enough length to either feed cool / hot air to either the top of the dogs cage or the bottom.

Thought I would share this cheap n easy fix as it might help someone else from spending fortunes.

Cheers Trev

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Cracking idea! Won't look very elegant, but the limited use it will get makes it a simple, cheap and very practical solution. I had previously thought of doing this myself, but dont have dogs or a car full of people. Share how you get on with it.
Trevsqashqai
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Trevsqashqai »

Quick update !

Removed the hard plastic hoover connector off the hose so just had flexible pipe.
Routed from boot under rear nearside passenger seat along the sill alongside the front nearside passenger by the sill then up the front footwell into one of the front passenger footwell air vents.
One of the front passenger footwell vents is approx 1" square compress the hoover pipe in diameter and push into vent.
Works perfectly the dogs now have an aircon'd cage and the hose is well out of the way.
All for a tenner !