Newbie has 5 days to keep the wife happy...help

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
alyons
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by alyons »

Hi everyone.....my wife has her heart set on a tekna model and I have 5 days to find one before we go on holiday....driving to portugal with 2 young children.

She does a lot of miles driving for her work and likes to feel like she can put her foot down if required so I have been drawn to the 150 bhp petrol model....right or wrong?

I have a 5k budget as well to make things harder.

What should I look out for as I have never owned a nissan before and is there anything you wish you had checked before you purchased yours.

Thanks in advance...all replies appreciated.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I'd be worried about your planned trip in any £5k motor frankly.
With that budget you'd get a J10 model Qashqai, so I'll let other owners of that model chip in.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
alyons
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by alyons »

its actually only 2 hours driving to the ferry....6 hours to get to the villa and then driving here and then whilst over there with
Good rac cover as well so not too worried about that. As long as I make an informed decision on which car I select

I have seen some models with 80k miles full dealer history for 5k.

Key to hear if anything to look out for that has gone wrong for others when you clock up that mileage
Craig_Broadbent

Post by Craig_Broadbent »

Probably recommend the 2.0 Diesel if I was buying one. Not sure the techna is necessary. NTEC was a nice spec, with the integrated sat nav and glass roof.