New Qashqai Just collected Friday 1st Sept 1.2 DIG-T Xtronic N Connecta

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
DAN458355
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DAN458355 »

Hi - Just collected my new Qashqai, but got a few issues I hope you can help with?
At the moment, it's guzzling Petrol, will this get better? I was hoping to average 40MPG? It's currently averaging 28? What is the best driving mode to use? ECO or Normal?
The Steering, is it best in Sport or Normal?
But my main issue is I don't think it has 'Auto door Locking' when you pull away? To prevent 'Car Jacking' ??? Every car I've owned in the past ten years has had this feature, I can't believe this hasn't got it??!!! My son's 12-year-old Mini has it!

Hope you can help?

All the Best!

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Welcome aboard; if you use SEARCH button in top left hand corner for 1.2 mpg you'll find many various discussions.
Our friends in Brussels have legislated against rolling lock feature as its called; I bought a plug in module that
restores the function via the OBD port which is above driver's legs.
Steering mode you should experiment to see which best suits you, and obviously ECO gives better mpg.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Hi Dan

I have a Qq 1.6 Xtronic. As Gel confirms the Qq does not have auto drive away door locking, something I found rather strange when I first bought the car. However I have got used to just pushing the lock button on the door panel when I start up.

Having owned the car for just over a year I keep my steering mode on Sport at all times, as I found Normal much too sloppy for my liking, but again as Gel says it is down to personal taste, so swap between the two during various driving conditions, and see what you prefer.

As for fuel consumption I am pretty pleased with the 1.6 diesel unit and the mpg is not bad. I did try a journey recently using the ECO mode, but must confess there wasn't a jot of difference, so don't bother with it anymore.

Hope you will be happy with your new car, and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Real MPG average for 1.2 auto is reckoned to be 34.9 -- https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/ni ... -automatic

On my 1.6dCi I find ECO reduces acceleration, especially from standstill, and doesn't really improve consumption. However it may be useful on a 1.2.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic