Back in a QQ

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
src

Post by src »

Hello QQ owners.

Picked up my new Qashqai (1.2 DIG-T, Xtronic, Tekna, Blade Silver with Panoramic Glass Roof) today, Sadly it rained all day but driving my new Qashqai cheered me up 😊

IMG_0627_a.JPG

Will take better pictures when the sun reappears but it maybe some time 😊

I have to confess I did jump ships to a Mazda CX-3 when it was launched in 2015 and I bought a CX-3 Sports Nav 1.5L Diesel AWD Automatic had it for just over 2 years. I did consider the 2nd gen Qashqai when it was launched in 2014 but I wanted a change so waited till the CX-3 was launched.

But I liked what Nissan did with the 2017 face-lifted Qashqai and I recently went for a test drive of the new updated Qashqai and I remembered what I was missing, higher driving position, panoramic roof, more room inside for both driver and passengers, much bigger boot and new Qashqai has more toys than the CX-3 😊 Place my order on 30th August and by luck there was stock of the exact model and spec I wanted.

The Qashqai also feels a much more solid vehicle to drive than the CX-3. As much as I liked the CX-3 interior there were some areas the quality was not as good as the interior of the Qashqai, CX-3 had roof lining that appeared to be made of egg boxes, CX-3 doors closing where very tinny in sound, Qashqai solid clunk when you close them.

The Qashqai ride quality is much better than the CX-3 the Qashqai soaks up bumps much better and I would say it’s quieter in the cabin when driving, OK my CX-3 was diesel and they are generally noisier engines but only real noise with my Qashqai is the tyre noise but I am fine with that, I think the CX-3 was a bit more sporty to drive but the Qashqai suits me better.

Prior to CX-3 I had a 1st gen 2010 face-lifted Qashqai (2.0 dCi 4WD Auto, Tekna in Blade Silver with Stone leather) and before that I bought on launch back in 2007 1st gen Qashqai (2.0 dCi 4WD Auto, Tekna in Blade Silver) so I know Qashqai’s well enough 😊

So am I back in Qashqai, yeah 😊

Scott
Scott
2017 ( J11B ) | Nissan Qashqai | 1.2 DIG-T | Tekna | 2WD | Xtronic | Panoramic Glass Roof | Blade Silver

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

src, this sounds a very encouraging comment on the new QQ J11B - Enjoy it Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Scott do add your details in profile/ signature area showing car model & Colour/ location etc.
Would be interested to know whether radio presets (favorites) can now be accessed via scroll button on steering wheel?
Welcome aboard.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
src

Post by src »

Thanks all for the welcome.

I would fill in the Qashqai Model in my profile but I am not seeing Qashqai Model bit section :?
All that I see is this :-

Capture1.JPG

Scott
2017 ( J11B ) | Nissan Qashqai | 1.2 DIG-T | Tekna | 2WD | Xtronic | Panoramic Glass Roof | Blade Silver
icesteelman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by icesteelman »

You need to select the "Edit Signature" option on the left immediately beneath "Edit Profile" :-)
2020 Gunmetal Grey N-Connecta Dig-T 1.3 140 manual, Glass Roof
2017 Ink Blue N-Connecta 1.6 dCi Manual 4WD with Comfort and Heat Packs
src

Post by src »

Still not seeing QQ model bit in Edit signature ? :|

Capture5.JPG

Was coming out Morrisons and though i had to take a picture of my QQ in the sun :lol:

IMG_0722_a.JPG

Scott