New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Albousdunderbore
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Albousdunderbore »

Hello to all members, I have just registered as a new member.

I own an 18 month old J11 qashqai 1.6dci ntec+ in ink blue.

We bought the vehicle as on paper it fitted our bill perfectly. It has enough oomph and torque to tow our 1100kg caravan with ease, is comfortable, economical and relatively practical and has all the toys we could need.

I do find the rear 3/4 vision limited, but the around view camera is an absolute godsend!

We have owned it for about a year, however ownership has not been without its ups and downs sadly.....

We Bought the car at six months old, it was a Nissan cared4 car, it had apparently been a Nissan company car.

When I bought it I found it had been diamondbrited rather than having the Nissan protection pack fitted (boot mat, floor mats and mud flaps). This was resolved to our satisfaction by the dealer, eventually.

I have had issues with the lacquer peeling on the alloy wheels, which was sorted and all four alloys replaced without quibbling by the dealer, which I can’t fault them for, but was surprised to see this happening at one year old.

I lightly brushed a hedge in the Lake District and the cover fell off of the passenger side wing mirror, revealing another cars reg number written in marker pen on the inside! The retaining clips were already broken and the cover had only been stuck on with what looked suspiciously like silicon sealer!, cue another trip to the dealers, a good bit of haggling and a replacement cover.

This summer car left us in the lurch and caused traffic chaos at set of traffic lights when the battery died. The auto stop start stopped the engine and then promptly would not restart it, the dreaded message “auto stop start system fault” message came up on the dash. The police were passing and attempted to help us but we could not move the car since The handbrake would not release! The RAC came out and replaced the battery as it had failed internally and all has been well since.

Recently the car has developed what feels very much like a misfire, and has started to hesitate when accelerating but the dealer can’t find anything wrong with it! (My reason for joining, to see if others have had similar)

All in all as a family we really like the vehicle, although our confidence in it has taken a bit knock.

Northagnick
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Northagnick »

We bought a new one in 2015....problems from the beginning and a very definite bad case of turbo lag. We had a knock from the rear offside wheel and took it back....yep dealer said nothing wrong with it. This week at the service the tread depth was checked. ...nearside rear 6.5mm offside rear 4.3mm.....strange that the clonking wheel had more tyre wear....dealer says that's normal .....We've had 3 batteries so far as the stop start will not work ..our local.battery dealer said that they use crap Chinese batteries and if it's replaced by a Bosch or something similar it should be ok.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Welcome Albousdunderbore!

I have a 26-month-old 1.6dCi Ntec+ which also had a failed battery - replaced with a Bosch by the RAC.

No wheel lacquer issues and no engine problems either - it runs like a champ - so I can't help you there I'm afraid.

I assume the air cleaner's in good shape? You could try running some diesel injector cleaner through the system, such as Forté.

Good luck!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic