Service Warranty

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
GEOFFREY BUNGLE

Post by GEOFFREY BUNGLE »

Purchased my Qashqai by phone from Liverpool-best price -including a three year service warranty.When I took it in for its first service I discovered the service warranty hadn't been registered .Good job I had the receipt.When I kicked up a fuss someone from head office called Simon phoned to assure me he'd sort it although he never did.When I eventually got it sorted,my wife too had a problem with her new Pulsar purchased from Telford.First service at Stafford nothing had been registered but they were excellent and did it all,12 months after the purchase!!
Anyway ,love our cars but the admin isn't the best.
Must try harder. :evil:
GEOFFREYBUNGLE

David Soren
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by David Soren »

I just don't get it. Isn't the receipt should be enough for the servicing under warranty? It's the receipt that they figure if the car is 3 year old or less but when you need the service then the drama started to take stage. You need registration, you need to have papers all the time, you need to show them, you need to store them in a cool and dry place, you must memories them by every words (oh sorry, words)... etc etc etc
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I was confused until I realised "warranty" = "package".

I see service costs have leapt dramatically - when I bought mine a minor service was £149 and a major one was £239. Now the minor service has risen to £189 and I can't find the price of a major one since when I fed my registration into the Nissan booking website it came up as "Vehicle Lookup Failed: No vehicle can be found matching the provided registration." !!!!!

EDIT - major is now £259 according to http://www.westwaynissan.co.uk/fixed-price-servicing - I wonder why the minor one has gone up proportionately so much more?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)