Hi, I'm a new member, help with Sat Nav

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
George Alder
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by George Alder »

Hi, Just wondered if there is an upgrade to the Qashqui Connect Sat Nav. I have a Garmin system that shows traffic delays and alternative routes that I find very useful but I don't want it stuck on the windscreen permanently. Does Nissan offer anything ?

George Alder

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

The Connect satnav will redirect around delays etc if you are following an input route. If you are not following a preset route then you must hit the info button and bring up a list of nearby roadworks and delays etc.
George Alder

Post by George Alder »

Hi.
Thanks for this. I may have mine set incorrectly but I only get a bleep and then a female voice saying there is a delay and to reduce speed and normally I'm already sitting in traffic when I get this message.

I've never found any details on how to set the Sat Nav to redirect around delays. Are these live updates and something I have to subscribe?
Gel

Post by Gel »

Connect system is less dynamic than Garmin or TomTom, and maps much more out of date too unfortunately :o
Last edited by Gel on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

You need to have the 'TA' set to on for it to work, but as already said, its very very slow and most times you hit the problem before you are warned of it. It works off the RDS on your radio.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

As most have said, the traffic system is rubbish. I even get notified of delays that have cleared weeks ago. Stick with Tom-tom, Garmin or Waze (Google).
George Alder wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:12 pm Hi, Just wondered if there is an upgrade to the Qashqui Connect Sat Nav. I have a Garmin system that shows traffic delays and alternative routes that I find very useful but I don't want it stuck on the windscreen permanently. Does Nissan offer anything ?

George Alder