New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
AndyCA14
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by AndyCA14 »

Hello everyone, just registered and came in to say hello. New owner of the Qashqai 1.5 Diesel 2014, and first time i've ever bought Nissan, so hoping for an enjoyable time with the car. My name is Andy, and fastly approaching 61 years, so have a fair amount of car knowledge. I'm not a mechanic and would never boast to be, just picked up tips and tricks along the years. As much as i may be searching for info from the forum, i will also post anything i think relevant to helping others out too. It's not a one way ticket, so sharing ideas is great. Glad to be amongst you all, thanks for having me.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Andy, firstly welcome to the Forum and do not worry about the age factor there are a lot of us around here 😲. Just a suggestion if you have time and interest try playing around with the „Search“ Facility (Top LH Corner), just enter a topic and you will find a vast amount of information gathered from over the last few years - Hope this is of help Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

Nice to have a youngster join forum :)
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
AndyCA14
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by AndyCA14 »

Thanks for the welcome. Have already used the wisdom of one member to sort out an early issue with the car. Annoying vibration from the near side front when in low gears, taking away etc. One comment caught my eye. Air intake vent. Black plastic moulding as suggested by the member was the problem as not secured tightly enough at the joints leading to the filter. A piece of black tape around the joint and a hard sponge cut to size and placed under the pipeline cured the annoying vibe. So simple and no running to the dealership. Will mention it to them though, next time i go there. So if anyone is experiencing this annoying vibe, check that air intake pipe first, it's not very well constructed. Secure it properly and give it a try. Cheers guy's look forward to posting more, not toooooo soon though, i hope, lol.
Thrall

Post by Thrall »

Hi Andy and welcome! My dealer put a self tapper at the joint to the filter without a complaint from me... So they're not all bad!
2013 J10 SE 1.6 dCi 6speed manual, 4wd.