Qashqai clutch failure

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
mccarthm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by mccarthm »

Hi everyone. I bought a Qashqai just 16 months ago. It was serviced by Nissan two months ago. The clutch failed 4 days ago. Nissan say I must pay £1,800 for a new clutch. In forty years of driving I have had Fords, Audi’s, Volkswagens, Volvos and never had a clutch problem. But Nissan say my clutch must have failed because of the way it’s driven! Nissan? Never again!

mccarthm

Post by mccarthm »

Hi everyone. I bought a Qashqai just 16 months ago. It was serviced by Nissan two months ago. The clutch failed 4 days ago. Nissan say I must pay £1,800 for a new clutch. In forty years of driving I have had Fords, Audi’s, Volkswagens, Volvos and never had a clutch problem. But Nissan say my clutch must have failed because of the way it’s driven! Nissan? Never again!
mccarthm

Post by mccarthm »

david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Was car new when you bought it.?? and how many miles has it done
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

I've never owned a car long enough for a clutch to fail, I always buy new cars and typically keep them from 3-4 years, I also have owned fiat, seat, Kia, VW, Mercedes and ford. Now we have had our 2014 QQ Tekna for 3 1/2 years and I've just had my fourth yes fourth clutch and dual mass flywheel fitted. It's a joke, all the mechanics that have look at the he Car have told me the engine is too big for the clutch assembly! I had the last on fitted 1700miles ago and I'm starting to get the judder again, going back in tomorrow for another look, they looked at it last week and said is was a characteristic of the clutch setup!! Absolute bloody joke, if I could afford to get rid of it It would have been gone a while back but due to the birth of our first baby last year the replacement Car was put on hold. Last week when it went in I told them I was getting a bubble appearing in the brake/clutch fluid reservoir under the gauze filter and I count get rid of it but it would reappear after a drive, was also told this was normal, I asked how a sealed hydraulic system can get air bubbles in it?? They agreed and bleed the clutch side of the system, made no difference tho. It's ok when cold but once it's warmed up it judders! There now saying it could be the engine mounts! We will see what they say tomorrow! I'm just sick and tired of this car!
Alias19
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Alias19 »

mccarthm wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:06 pm Hi everyone. I bought a Qashqai just 16 months ago. It was serviced by Nissan two months ago. The clutch failed 4 days ago. Nissan say I must pay £1,800 for a new clutch. In forty years transfers reims of driving I have had Fords, Audi’s, Volkswagens, Volvos and never had a clutch problem. But Nissan say my clutch must have failed because of the way it’s driven! Nissan? Never again!
C'est quoi le problème?
paplane

Post by paplane »

I've got a bit of clutch judder going on (2014 1.2 petrol, 22km miles).

I'm the 2nd owner so cant completely rule out misuse of the clutch by those before me who owned it for a year but even so, a juddering clutch after 22k miles is rubbish. I once asked the dealer to look at it but they said they thought it was fine and that they 'could not replicate the problem'. Well they would say that as they'll have driven it when it was cold. It only judders when it's been run for a while in some traffic.

I've given up worrying about it. I'll be swapping it in the spring. Someone else can deal with it.
mccarthm

Post by mccarthm »

Yes the car was new when I bought it. Mileage is 25,000.