Qashqai automatic gearbox failure

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Louisretired72
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Louisretired72 »

Hi im a newly.
I bought my Qashqu1 5 years ago. After 3 years ago the automatic gearbox failed an d they replaced it under warranty. I understand it had a fault. now 2 years later the gearbox is not functioning in reverse gear. The garage will inspect this monday but say it is out of warranty and I probably will have to pay new gearbox. I drive carefully and having been driving Datsuns and Nissans for 25 years with no problem.
Is there an inherent fault with this gearbox.
Could you please help me

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Yes, there is a very serious issue with gearbox reliability that has lead NISSAN USA to offer a 10 year warranty on it. But as your in the UK or Europe your up the creek without a paddle.
Louisretired72 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:58 am Is there an inherent fault with this gearbox.
Geordieman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Geordieman »

I just bought a new CVT and am still a little bit nervous of them after reading about the problems in the USA including lawsuits. It would be nice to have a ten year warranty here in the UK.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

This post might be worth a quick read on CVT‘s - Dave ;)

viewtopic.php?t=4504
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

Thanks. I hope they are more reliable now.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
Louisretired72
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Louisretired72 »

thank you for your comments. Is there a pressure group associated with this problem.
Thank you
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Louis, you most probably have some time on your Hands and these couple of articles might be of interest to you. Cannot really say I have heard of a Pressure Group on this Problem, but then we have a Manual - Dave :)

Nissan proudly introduced what they called “the first CVT for passenger cars”1 back in 2002. It received mixed reviews, although that’s to be expected with a first-generation product. The most common complaints included difficulty accelerating, shaking / stuttering, running hot, and suddenly shutting down. Luckily, Nissan would go on to address most of those concerns…

This is a US Article - http://www.nissanproblems.com/trends/cvt/

Nissan CVT Automatic Transmission problems on Juke & Qashqai

Transmission Shop in the Midlands - http://vmtp-midlands.co.uk/382-2/
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken