New QQ owner but multiple problems!

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Cardiactech
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Cardiactech »

Hi All!

I’m new to the forum! Sadly it’s to complain/discuss problems! I owned a Ford Focus for 9 years, earlier this year the clutch failed and we upgraded to our ‘grown up’ car - a 2015 QQ! We got a great deal - under 2 year old and only 12k on the clock. We received it on 13th May and were really happy. The first week we had it the engine warning light cane on and we returned it for repair - an oxygen sensor had failed. Then the speed limiter/cruise control stopped working - returned for repair and a pressure manifold was replaced. Then the battery failed after being stood for a week, I recharged it and all was good. In November we had heavy snow, it simply wouldn’t go up a snowy hill and I had to abandon it. After 24 hours I returned to collect the car but the battery was dead. RAC came, checked battery which tested fine, but replaced under warranty due to known faults. 2 days later the car starts losing power and grinding then smoke starts pouring from the back - with failure of the turbo. It’s now been in the garage for 2 weeks and they are hoping to have it repaired by the end of this week. I’ve also asked them to look at the steering as it creeks when manoeuvring at low speed! The car has done 18,000 miles now so I’m curious do people think I’ve got a bad model or have others experienced as many issues? I appreciate new and complicated cars may have faults but this is feeling ridiculous!

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I would be interesting for you to try find out what the history is of this car. You will probably find the original owner / owners were sick of it and traded it in. You should be able to trace them & with a bit of luck ask them about any issues.

Good Luck
Cardiactech

Post by Cardiactech »

Good thinking actually!
Gel

Post by Gel »

Has this QQ been serviced by a Nissan dealer I wonder?
Is a 4wd model, as should have coped with snow, though 2wd versions not unless snow tyres fitted.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Cardiactech

Post by Cardiactech »

Yeah it has had both a major and minor service with Nissan dealer. It’s only a 2wd model although I suspect the failing turbo had something to do with the snow problem. As a lady had exactly the same model parked next to me (even the same year and automatic like mine) and she drove away with no problem!
Cardiactech

Post by Cardiactech »

I’m really hopeful it’s just had a bit of a run of bad luck! I love the car - looks smart, drives nicely (when it works!!!) and am hoping to keep it for another 4 - 5 years. I just feel I’ve lost my confidence in it as this is the most issues I’ve ever experienced with a car.
Mark46

Post by Mark46 »

Bad news first.
Looks like you have a “Friday afternoon car” like I have, I feel your frustration I really do.
From my experience over the last 3 years it appears some QQ don’t seem to have any problems and the others have all the problems.
I don’t know if you have some warranty cover but the good news is that most of the problems you have mentioned have been reported on here at some time, so a quick search for your each individual issue should give you an answer.
Hopefully over time you will work through the problems and the car will start to behave itself, or get it sorted and pass it on like I’m thinking of doing.
Good luck.
QQ 2014 (64) 1.5dci n-tec+ (gun metallic)
DRL mod & mud flaps.
Bladesilverqq

Post by Bladesilverqq »

I too have 2015 model. 1.2 Dig T.
I've had the car for nearly a year. In that time it's had multiple issues with the steering noise/creaking.
Picked the car up again yesterday for the fifth time so hoping the problem is now sorted.
I've also had a new engine under warranty due to faulty piston rings. If you have the 1.2 petrol then I would keep an eye on the oil level as mine was drinking it which led to investigations by the dealer and ultimately a new engine! There is a known fault on a batch of these engines.
I feel the same as you. I love the car. It ticks all the boxes for my family needs but unfortunately I have lost faith in it due to the problems and the fact that the dealers have taken so long to put the steering (hopefully) right. So probably going to trade it in.
Cardiactech

Post by Cardiactech »

Mine is the 1.6 diesel automatic. I’m planning to write to my dealer and attempt to request an extended warranty on the vehicle in view of all the issues. Don’t know whether I’ll get anywhere though but I will change the car if I don’t. You need reliability
Bladesilverqq

Post by Bladesilverqq »

We managed to get an extended warranty through Nissan customer services. We contacted them as we'd lost faith in the dealers. They were pretty good to deal with.